Q. Why is my breath smelling bad even after brushing my teeth and tongue?

Dr. Rakshana Devi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

My breath has been smelling bad even after brushing my teeth and tongue and using mouthwash.

#

I hope you are good.

Thanks for approaching icliniq. I saw your query. I will help you solve the issue. Bad breath may be due to many reasons like calculus, food deposits in wisdom teeth, dental caries, gastric diseases, gastric ulcers, and many more.

• I advise you to do scaling once and repeat after six months and follow up every year.
  • Take an Orthopantamogram and verify for dental caries.
  • Consult a general physician regarding gastric diseases, if any.
  • Brush your teeth twice a day. Brush your upper teeth from top to bottom and lower teeth from bottom to top.
  • Gargle after meals.
  • Use dental floss.
  • Use interdental brushes.
  • Drink more water.
  • Take vitamin C rich foods.
  • Avoid frequent use of mouth wash.
  • Do salt and warm water rinse.
  • Mouthwashes and brushing are not the permanent cure for bad breath.
  • Scaling is required.

Consult me if you have bleeding while brushing. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Calculus.

Dental caries.

Gastric ulcers.

Orthopantamogram.

Halitosis.

Scaling.

Restoration of dental caries.

Impaction of wisdom teeth.

Brushing twice a day.

Dental floss.

Interdental brushes.

Mouth wash.

Gargle after meals.

Follow-up with orthopantamogram or intra oral clinical picture.

|