Q. How to verify if surgeon has performed correct root extraction and implant placement?

Dr. Srinivas Saketh. G

I went through root extraction and immediate implant surgery of my front tooth. I am 29 years old, working woman and worried about the aesthetic part of the final dental implant. If the implant is placed too deep in the bone the final tooth might appear longer than other. How to verify if the surgeon has performed correct root extraction that will not lead to cosmetic failure. Also, what is the possibility of rectification?

#

welcome to icliniq.com.

Generally, immediate placement of implant after root extraction is easier compared to placement of an implant in solid bone (because the extraction socket just guides the position of the implant to be placed). Even if the implant is placed too deep, nothing to worry as there will be an abutment placed on it later on and then impressions are taken for the crown. The length of the final artificial tooth will be normal only (not too long if the implant is deep).

To know whether your surgeon had performed the correct procedure, usually implant placement will not be done if the root extraction process is not complete. Anyways X-rays would have been taken after the procedure which will tell us about the condition. The best thing is you can directly ask your surgeon as to how the procedure had been. He will definitely give you the prognosis of the treatment.

Regarding the failure of this procedure, let us be affirmative and optimistic about it. Generally, the implant procedures are done successfully but as we all know, there can be a failure anywhere. I hope this procedure is a successful one. Just be positive and discuss with your surgeon regarding the necessary and needful precautions to be taken by you to enhance the success of the implant (the implant should get embedded with the bone for the success of it).

For more information consult an oral implantologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/oral-implantologist

|