Q. Is there any medicine available to relieve gum pain after scaling?

Answered by Dr. Tooba Qazi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Dental Scaling or Bleeding Gums? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My younger brother aged 18 years, is having teeth bleeding from a month. So I suggested him to consult a dentist and he went for it. As no one was there to guide him about what to do, he got into a trap by some brokers and they took him to their doctor. The doctor said it is pyorrhea and he started clearing it and did not even speak a single word about money. While cleaning his gum, my brother was having a lot of pain in his gums and his gums were receded. Although the doctor just cleaned his tooth and gums became too thin and he does not want to go there. Could you suggest some medicine which could relief his gum pain and make his gum strong like before?