Q. Is there any medicine available to relieve gum pain after scaling?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Published on Jan 14, 2019

My younger brother aged 18 years, is having teeth bleeding from a month. So I suggested him to consult a dentist and he went for it. As no one was there to guide him about what to do, he got into a trap by some brokers and they took him to their doctor. The doctor said it is pyorrhea and he started clearing it and did not even speak a single word about money. While cleaning his gum, my brother was having a lot of pain in his gums and his gums were receded. Although the doctor just cleaned his tooth and gums became too thin and he does not want to go there. Could you suggest some medicine which could relief his gum pain and make his gum strong like before?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

The best therapy for healing of gums after scaling is as follows:

1. Saline water mouth rinses. Take a cup of lukewarm water, put 1/4th teaspoon of salt in it and do its rinses twice a day, mandatory for two weeks. New and healthy gums grow every 14 days so they will become better in two weeks hopefully.

2. Do Chlorhexidine or antibacterial mouthwash twice a day for two weeks.

3. Take tablet Froben 100 mg (Flurbiprofen) twice a day for three days. That will heal minor inflammation of gums.

Kindly give me followup after a week. Avoid going to brokers because a proper doctor and sterilized instruments are very necessary for good oral hygiene. Take care. Stay happy and blessed.

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others.¬†This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a permanent discoloration which cannot be removed by normal means like dental scaling. It needs a treatment called lamineering of the front 4 or 6 teeth as required. In...  Read Full

What can be done for spongy bleeding gums in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, My parents are diabetic and living in a village where non-treated water is consumed daily for everything other than drinking which is rich in minerals, algal blooms, dirt, etc. Suggest me a toothpaste which is better considering this kind of locality. Their gums are bleeding and exper...  Read Full >>

Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.om. Frankly speaking, toothpaste is just an external application, and it does not make any difference based on the brand. Toothpaste does not have any therapeutic effects as portrayed in advertisements. When you say they have spongy gums that bleed easily, it might be an...  Read Full

Why do I have gum pain after temporary crown placement?

Query: Hi doctor, I am looking for a little advice since I cannot be seen until tomorrow by my dentist. I recently had a root canal on my bottom left tooth (last one at the back in the photo). A few weeks later, I got a temporary crown placed over it. The area beyond the tooth is inflamed and hurts badly. ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your complaint and the relevant details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The cause of your pain should be either of the following. When you bite, the upper last molar might hit the lower gums beyond the root canal treated tooth cau...  Read Full