Q. How to overcome my depression about my studies and loneliness?

Dr. Ruhi Satija
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I have failed twice in my exams. I am feeling pushed out of my own home because there is a lack of peace. I weep secretly and daily whenever I think of my future, and it all looks bleak. I am a lonely person, and my enemies are many around me, including my own younger brother. Every time I feel like to quarrel with one or the other person. I always feel depressed, and sometimes I start feeling that one or the other day, I might become mentally ill because of this depression. I do not understand how to come out of this situation.

Do you have a question on Depression or Exam Failure?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ruhi Satija

MD PHYSICIAN., DPM., PGDPC., CMHE
Psychiatry

Competitive exams are tough, and the situation in which you are is not helping you cope up. To excel in such exams, you need to concentrate and not be distracted. Maybe you can shift to a hostel for preparing if you cannot start with maintaining some distance. Try it for two days, no matter what happens, you do not react to anything and focus on your studies.

If you feel sad most of the times, if you think some anxiety, I would recommend meet a Psychiatrist and check if you need medicine. You can also start counseling sessions, which would help you cope up. I need more details about your situation to help you better. But I hope this would give an idea of what you should do next. Let me know if you need anything else.

Can depression be a cause for weight loss?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from gastric problem for the last one and a half month. I lost 4 kg due to depression. I did my whole body checkup and all the reports are clear. But, I am having pain in my right hand muscle as well as have body pain. Is it due to depression? I studied about leukemia on i...  Read Full >>
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. There are many causes for weight loss. Weight loss can be due to depression. Even any chronic infection in body can cause weight loss. If you are not taking proper diet due to gastric problem, then this might also the reason for your w...  Read Full

Please help me to overcome my exam phobia?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old and studying for my final exams. My problem is exam phobia. I am so scared of failure during an exam and due to this, I am unable to concentrate on my studies. I am suffering from this issue for the past two years and it really affects my studies. Please help.  Read Full >>
Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel concerned about your performance during exams.  Read Full

How do I come out of my failure?
Query: Hi doctor,I failed in my exams and really depressed. Please help me come out of this.  Read Full >>
Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Success and failure are the two sides of the same coin. You can never predict what will happen. Life is never a smooth sailing boat. It is full of ups and downs. Life does not end when you fail once. Life is much more than your exams. You gain experience when you go t...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now