Q. How to overcome my depression about my studies and loneliness?

Dr. Ruhi Satija

I have failed twice in my exams. I am feeling pushed out of my own home because there is a lack of peace. I weep secretly and daily whenever I think of my future, and it all looks bleak. I am a lonely person, and my enemies are many around me, including my own younger brother. Every time I feel like to quarrel with one or the other person. I always feel depressed, and sometimes I start feeling that one or the other day, I might become mentally ill because of this depression. I do not understand how to come out of this situation.

#

Competitive exams are tough, and the situation in which you are is not helping you cope up. To excel in such exams, you need to concentrate and not be distracted. Maybe you can shift to a hostel for preparing if you cannot start with maintaining some distance. Try it for two days, no matter what happens, you do not react to anything and focus on your studies.

If you feel sad most of the times, if you think some anxiety, I would recommend meet a Psychiatrist and check if you need medicine. You can also start counseling sessions, which would help you cope up. I need more details about your situation to help you better. But I hope this would give an idea of what you should do next. Let me know if you need anything else.

|