Q. I am facing depression and anxiety attacks after break up with my best friend. How to manage it?

Dr. Vandana Patidar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 01, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2019

I recently had a bad break up with someone who was formally my best friend, and she feels like now we cannot even go back to where we were before as good friends. But we still talked for a while after it, but now we have not been talking, and I have been feeling depressed and having constant anxiety attacks after the past couple of weeks.

#

You are undergoing some adjustment problems. When we had a bad experience or event, then our body and mind take time to adjust to the new situation. It is common to have some emotional outburst and anxiety during this time. But if your friend does not want this relationship to continue, then it is best to break it rather than and being in talking terms.

Communicating with her will increase your expectations, and you will have a desire to get her back in your life someday that will increase your confusion and trauma in the long run. So rather than confusing yourself, it is better to have a clear one-sided answer. Being friends with her will be more painful for you than her so move on.

|