Q. I cannot concentrate or study because of my relationship with my mother. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 05, 2021

Hi doctor,

I am an 18-year-old girl. I feel that I do not have any relation with anyone, so I think what the use of this life is. I do not want to study. I cannot concentrate on anything. I want to run somewhere where no one lives, where no one knows me because my mother got divorced when I was five years old, and even my mother hates me for no reason. She keeps saying that they got clashes only after I was born. She does not like me talking to or hugging her. She avoids it, but I still give her respect because she is my mother. I feel so depressed because my mother never keeps my secrets to herself. She tells it to everyone. So I stopped trusting her and stopped telling my secrets to her. I feel like I am not her child, and that is why she hates me this much. And last year, I came into a relationship with a person whom I trusted completely. Please help.



Welcome to

I can understand your situation. You may have a major depressive disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for your depression, and you should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it. It will help you.

  1. You should do exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes or atleast go for a walk.
  2. You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily. Sit in a comfortable position and concentrate on your normal breathing, do not force yourself to stop your thoughts. Just let it be.
  3. You should eat healthy home-cooked foods, avoid junk foods.
  4. You must drink enough water.
  5. You should spend quality time with friends daily.
  6. It would help if you spent time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, learning new skills or language or musical instruments.
  7. You should sleep atleast seven to eight hours daily.
  8. You must avoid tobacco or alcohol, or any substance abuse.

Live your life, do not spend it. Be bold and confident.

If you still have symptoms that persist after following the advice for four to six weeks, you need to start medications for a short duration. I hope that you got your answer. Please, let me know if you want some help. Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Postpartum Depression

History of bipolar disorder ... Family history of depression or other psychological disorders ...   Read full

Why am I feeling sad and do not feel like doing anything often?

No such stress factor has been described by you ... Is there any stress and mental trauma that troubles you or any situation that creates stress ...   Read full

I have crying spells and I get angry easily. Are these symptoms of depression?

However, I must acknowledge that the current depression may be the symptoms of classical depression or bipolar d...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Relation Between Enamel Hypoplasia and Dental Caries
Enamel hypoplasia is due to incomplete or defective formation in the organic matrix, which forms the first layer of the ...  Read more»
Methods to Increase Breast Milk Production
Several measures can help mothers in increasing their breast milk production. Find out the correct way to breastfeed thr...  Read more»
Ingrown Hair: How Can You Prevent and Treat It
An ingrown hair is a hair strand that grows back into the skin after a clean shave or waxing. It appears as a raised dar...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.