Mental Trauma

My 67-year-old father is emotionally unstable after learning about my plans of relocation. How can I help him?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a mother of two daughters (less than three years of age). I am hoping to relocate with my husband and kids this July. However, since the day my father (67 years old) got to know that we would relocate, he has been behaving like a crazy person. He always cries, saying not to migrate...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is difficult to manage a person at this age. At this age, it is normal to crave love from grandkids. They feel that they will be lonely at this age. They become like kids and get desperate to get attention from you. It will be helpful if you assure him that you wi...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms of depression?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old girl. I feel that I do not have any relation with anyone, so I think what the use of this life is. I do not want to study. I cannot concentrate on anything. I want to run somewhere where no one lives, where no one knows me because my mother got divorced when I was fiv...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. You may have a major depressive disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for your depression, and you should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it. It will help you. You should do exercises daily for 30 to 45 min...  Read Full »

How to help a person who is mentally unstable because of some past event?

Query: Hi doctor, What should we do when a person is mentally unstable because of something that happened in the past? How can he get over it?  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your post does not have many details, but I presume that you are seeking advice for someone who has been emotionally disturbed by some past traumatic event. Usually, people recover from emotional trauma with support and passage of time. It depends on the severity of...  Read Full »

How to overcome the mental trauma given by colleague?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 41 years old. My office colleague is giving me mental trauma by gossiping about my childhood physical abuse. Sometimes suicidal thoughts come to my mind. How should I tackle it?  Read Full »

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing that you have to fix in your mind is you have done nothing wrong in that abuse episode, it is a matter of shame for that person who had done it and to those who are making fun of this. Be confident and set in your mind that you will never get disheart...  Read Full »