iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychiatrydepressionI had a breakup, fighting with people and irritated with my job. What can I do?

I had a breakup, fighting with people and irritated with my job. Please help.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Manjunadh M

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At March 21, 2017
Reviewed AtNovember 30, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I have a problem. I am getting frustrated with a silly thing that is my job. I had a breakup, I am fighting with people on small things. What to do?

Answered by Dr. Manjunadh M


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern. Did all these problems start after break up? If it is so, this is commonly called as an adjustment disorder. If severe it could lead to depression too. My advice will be to first understand that you are experiencing this problem and it is due to certain chemical changes probably triggered by stress. Your change in behavior may be the result of this. Try to distract yourself from situations which make you upset and keep yourself engaged. Try to plan a new resolution and work towards it. Try daily exercises or yoga. Try meeting new friends and take a break from your schedule. Try out doing something which you always wanted but never did in the past. The symptoms you are experiencing is temporary and it will pass. If nothing is helping you and you are experiencing low mood, sleep disturbances, etc., then a small dose of antidepressants like Escitalopram at around 10 mg dose will help you a lot.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Manjunadh M
Dr. Manjunadh M


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy