Q. I have depression and suicidal thoughts. Please help.

Dr. Vandana Patidar
Published on Jun 18, 2019

I have depression, feeling of failure in life, no more attraction to live life. Sad, anxious, or empty mood. Loss of interest or pleasure in activities. Thoughts of death or suicide, including suicide attempts.

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sleep Medicine
#

I understand what you must be feeling right now. Depression is a serious but treatment illness. I can see you have thoughts of suicide and suicide attempts are also there which indicates that your depression worsened now. But do not worry, there are various treatment options available, with which your condition can be improved. Depression is a biological illness just like diabetes. It is neither your fault nor your wish to be in the pain that you are in right now and you cannot overcome these feelings and thoughts. Every disease needs appropriate treatment. I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist online or offline as soon as possible. Remember help is there please avail it. I would require more details about your problem.

Thyroid function test, serum B12.

May require inpatient care, medicines, therapy.

| 

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

Are crying without reason, feeling useless and demotivated related to depression?

Query: Hello doctor, Do I have depression? I need to know because I think it will be a whole lot easier if I know and admit it myself. Last night I was crying without reason, it has been like this for five years now. I can go on not going out of my room for a week without eating and every time I worry too...  Read Full »

My daughter is an introvert with suicidal thoughts. How to help her?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a daughter who is 19 years old. Her behavior is different now when compared to her childhood days. She had been an introvert. She is too emotional and over thinks a lot. From her childhood, she is having suicidal thoughts. She is suffering from depression for the past four years. ...  Read Full »