Q. My past ugly experiences are pulling me back. Is there a remedy?

Dr. Rahul Kansal

I used to be an obedient girl since my childhood as I am the youngest in my family with two elder brothers, which I am till now and I think I should not be so obedient to elders as from childhood I have faced every kind of abuse.

I have been into three relationships out of which two relationships ended because of my family and one I ended it myself because he abused me and I could not take. My family tries to support me, scolds me in my failure, and happy when I progress but no one asks me what I have been through so many years.

I am currently single, 22. After facing this cruel world for so many years, I have lost faith in people. I have been through many bad things. I had a social life, kind of have it now. But I never feel that connection with someone unless he is my boyfriend.

But after having three bad relationships, I do not want to hurt myself more. When I am with my friends, I am the one who is most cheerful. But I want my alone time after some time to get back my energy.

I am a private person, I am ambivert in my terms. Also, I never make or want to make new friends. If they approach, I do not have any problems. I guess I have some psychological problem.

Also, I have anxiety issues and I have periodical depression. Also, I am always confused about everything, be it my career or anything.

I guess I should not be confused because I have always been appreciated for my work everywhere.

Recently, I was promoted in my probation period, but still, I feel I do not have confidence. I think that my past ugly experiences pull me back. I wanted to know what is the remedy.

Dr. Rahul Kansal

Andrology Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

You seem to have mild depression and mood swings.

You need relationship counseling and career counseling to get out of your confusions. Past failures are only a lesson. Learn the lesson and move on.

Past failures do not predict your future. Be it your past career opportunities or past relationships. Look for friends, socialize, find a good conjugal relationship.

It is everybody's little dream to be someone and to have someone to enjoy it with. That is our little world. So keep exploring and look positively into the future.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

My fiance is not giving me time and I am feeling depressed. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I feel so depressed from the past few weeks. I am in a relationship wherein, my fiance is not able to give me time. We are in the relationship for the past 5 years. I am so addicted to him that I do not have any other friends in my life and I feel he is my everything. Due to some reas...  Read Full »

How to cope with breakup after long term relationship?

Query: Hi doctor, One year ago, I had a serious breakup with my girlfriend. It was a relationship of five years. Even today, I am not able to forget her. I keep thinking about her. I am not able to concentrate on anything. I feel lonely. What do I do?  Read Full »

How to overcome my mood swings and change my behavior?

Query: Hi doctor, I often feel very low, anxious, and stressed. I try diverting myself, but I still get into a trance, where I feel sad. I am afraid of losing people, and keep thinking about what they think and how they feel. Even though they are not worthy of my sorry at times, I still apologize out of ...  Read Full »