Q. What to do for loneliness, stress, and negative thoughts?

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I am always feeling depressed and lonely. I am now least interested in doing activities which I used to love doing. I cannot even concentrate on my studies. I am feeling dull every minute with stress, negative thinking, and overthinking. What to do?

#

I can understand your problem. You are suffering from depressive episode. Your issues like being negative, sad, tensed, tiredness, decreased interest, weakness, decreased emotional control, sleepness, the eating problem are the core symptoms of a depressive episode.

I have a few questions for you. Is there any family history of any such kind of illness? Is there any history of thyroid problem? Do you have any recent psychological trauma like breakup, examination results, or financial problem? Are you taking any medicine for any other issue? Do you have a history of self-harm? Can you reveal if there is any past medical history, the effect on you, and taken full treatment or not?

I assure you that all your symptoms will disappear after treatment of depression with antidepressants and psychotherapy, CBT - cognitive behavioral therapy. The investigations to rule out a medical cause of depression are CBC (complete blood count), TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), blood sugar, serum calcium, and serum B12.

Take a healthy diet, avoid junk food, do moderate exercise and relaxation technique (yoga, meditation, etc.,) which may help you. Thanks.

|