I am 25 years old. I am 6 feet tall and my weight is 86 kg. Basically my entire problem starts at night while lying down. Three to four years back, I had mild pain. While lying down I feel acute pain or some tingling in my left chest sometime it goes down around my body. When I am about to get sleep I feel short of breath then I had to wake up and sit for a while. And also my nostrils are too often blocked. For few days I had Levocetirizine and currently just using nasal drops. Consulted many doctors over the years. As per the doctors I have nasal muscle swollen or increased which is blocking the way. I had undergone some tests of heart (ECG) and took chest x-ray. Everything was pretty normal. But from last 3-4 days my nights are hell. I could not sleep at all. I am a smoker (half cigarette per day) and drinks alcohol twice a week. Please tell me which doctor to consult? Is it something serious?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I have checked your x-ray reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
1. You have deflected nasal septum with C-shaped deformity of the septal bone and cartilage. Due to this reason you are getting sleep apnea, breathless nights that makes you to wake up and sit for a while to catch the breath.
2. Chest pain is an additional symptom that may be due to smoking and it is giving bad impact on your lungs.
3. Smoking keeps lung tissue irritated and causing inflammation and then healing. This gets repeated in your case.
4. You need to curb smoking and alcoholic beverages.
5. Consult a sleep apnea specialist for better management. If felt necessary he will advise medication or will refer you to an otorhinolarngologist for nasal defects. That may need surgical correction.
Consult your doctor for prescription of :
1. Prednisone by mouth.
2. Ibuprofen oral.
3. Ebastine (Evastine) oral.
4. Use saline nasal spray for better relief.
For further information consult an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician
Was this answer helpful?|
Hello doctor, How does Nicotex chewing gum help in quitting smoking ... Nicotex chewing gums are often resorted to, these days, as a means to quit smoking ... Read fullCan chest pain have other reasons than heart attack?
Hello doctor, My mom had chest pain yesterday evening at 3 PM ... If there is recurrent chest pain especially with exertion or chest pain that relieves with re... Read fullIs surgery needed for blocked nose and enlargement of nasal bone?
.. posting your query. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Surgery is not absolutely essential. A three weeks course of antibiotics along with nasal decongestants can be tried. Based on the relief from s... Read full
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a blocked nose. I have consulted a doctor and he told I am suffering from allergy and it is incurable. I am worried. Please guide me. Read Full »
Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment. Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I smoke, and I usually avoid smoking around other people. However, I work at a hospital, and I went outside the hospital, and I lit up a cigarette. I did not notice that there was a woman with a baby, and I stood near them smoking for quite a few seconds. Now I am worried that the bab... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now