Q. Can a diabetic patient have brown rice?

Answered by Dr. Divakara P and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Diabetes or Exercises? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 38 year old male. My height is 6 feet height and weight is 90 kg. I have been a hypertensive for the past ten years.

My fasting sugar generally comes in the range of 100 to 130; PP 140 to 170 and A1c level is 6.6.

Should I start medicine for this? For hypertension I am taking Losar H in the morning and Amtas 5 at night.

All other tests such as lipid, KFT, LFT thyroid, etc., are normal.