Q. Kindly give me an opinion on diagnosing diabetes in rural and semi urban areas.

Dr. Priety

In diabetes, the main problem is diagnosing in rural and semi urban area, and I am a diabetes educator how I will play a role with doctor or telemedicine?

Dr. Priety

#

It is a great job being a health educator which help the illiterates and literate in any way. I appreciate your interest. To create awareness, you have to undertake health camps with the help of a doctor. You meet medical college dean and get his permission to start a camp at least once in a month. In that camp, you take a blood sugar test and distribute medicine.

Then give them a printed notice that tells the cause symptom, primary and secondary prevention. This will reach most of the population. Then with the help of private hospitals contributions conduct a camp in colleges which is more important to create awareness on the youngster. Conduct awareness program in school also. I think this may give you an idea.

|