Q. Kindly give me an opinion on diagnosing diabetes in rural and semi urban areas.

Dr. Priety

In diabetes, the main problem is diagnosing in rural and semi urban area, and I am a diabetes educator how I will play a role with doctor or telemedicine?

#

It is a great job being a health educator which help the illiterates and literate in any way. I appreciate your interest. To create awareness, you have to undertake health camps with the help of a doctor. You meet medical college dean and get his permission to start a camp at least once in a month. In that camp, you take a blood sugar test and distribute medicine.

Then give them a printed notice that tells the cause symptom, primary and secondary prevention. This will reach most of the population. Then with the help of private hospitals contributions conduct a camp in colleges which is more important to create awareness on the youngster. Conduct awareness program in school also. I think this may give you an idea.

| 

Related Video

Is lichen sclerosus a contagious disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with lichen sclerosus around my vulva a few months ago through biopsy. I am regularly using Dermol 500 lotion instead of soap to wash the area and applying Dermovate cream. However, I have developed a cut in the skin at the back of my vagina, which is not healing now...  Read Full »

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

Factors influencing Sexually Transmitted Diseases and its Prevention Strategies

Article Overview: Sexually transmitted diseases are a group of communicable diseases that are transmitted predominantly through sexual contact. This article discusses about the consequences, risk factors and prevention of STDs. Read Article

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Sexually transmitted diseases are a group of communicable diseases that are transmitted predominantly through sexual contact. The sexually transmitted diseases are caused by bacteria, chlamydia and virus. STDs caused by bacteria include syphilis, chancroid, granuloma i...  Read Article

COVID-19 Vaccines in India
Two vaccines, Covishield and Covaxin, have been granted emergency use authorization in India. Read about these vaccines'...  Read more»
I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»

Ask a Diabetologist Now