Q. Please suggest a medicine to lower my husband's blood sugar level.

Dr. Vitrag Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on May 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

My husband is a diabetic. I am asking you what the better medicine is to lower his blood sugar while he has UTI (urinary tract infection).

#

To decide medicine for diabetes depends on the current physical and clinical condition. There are several aspects to be taken care of. It would be necessary for a doctor to start medicine after getting detailed medical history. That will include current sugar levels, which type of diabetes he has, basic diet pattern, physical activity status, family history of diabetes, current medicines he is taking for diabetes and UTI (urinary tract infection), his body weight and height, any other physical condition, etc. As long as UTI is concerned, high sugar levels can also cause recurrent UTIs.

Fasting blood sugar, postprandial blood sugar, hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c), serum creatinine, urine routine, and microscopy.

Maintain good genital hygiene because of urinary tract infection, practice small frequent meals for diabetes.

|