Q. Please suggest a medicine to lower my husband's blood sugar level.

Dr. Vitrag Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on May 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 25, 2020
I am looking for my husband doxtor becuase he is a diabetic, asking for you what is the better medicine to lower his blood sugar at the same same time he has UTI .

Dr. Vitrag Shah

Diabetology
#

Dear User, To decide a medicine for diabetes depends on the current physical and clinical condition. There are several aspects to be taken care of. It would be necessary for a doctor to start medicine after getting detailed medical history. That will include current sugar levels, which type of diabetes he has, basic diet pattern, physical activity status, family history of diabetes, current medicines he is taking for diabetes and uti, his body weight and height, any other physical condition, etc. As long as UTI is concerned, high sugar levels can also cause recurrent UTIs. We can communicate in detail regarding management of diabetes and UTI on this platform.

? uti due to high blood sugar levels.

fbs/ppbs/hba1c
s. creat
urine r/m

maintain good genital hygiene in view of uti.
practise small frequent meals for diabetes.

With detailed medical history.

| 

Related Video

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

Why are my blood sugar levels fluctuating so much?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 60 year old working woman, and my weight is 80 kg. I am not diabetic, but my recent reports showed my fasting blood sugar level to be 105 and HbA1C was 6.2. After seeing the report, I got scared, so I redid the test after a week. This time, my fasting blood sugar was 143 and pos...  Read Full »

What is the treatment to prevent recurrent urinary tract infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a urinary tract infection again. I had it two times within past two months. It is the second time. I took Sefdin, and megatas but still no improvement. Please assist me.  Read Full »

Ask a Diabetologist Now