Q. Can diabetes make my hands itchy and numb?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Diabetic Neuropathy or Depression? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am suffering from anxiety and depression from past few years. I took various antidepressants. Now I am taking Vilazodone, one tablet in the morning and Lonazep 0.25 mg from last ten days. But I am having breathlessness and palpitations when I do any small physical activity and irritability. My hands get numb, and itching occurs on my hands and legs. I guess it is because of diabetes. I feel my chest is heavy, and my legs and back pains a lot. My sugar level is 130 fasting and 235 postprandial. I am taking Glimisave M. My sugar levels fluctuate badly, and my HbA1c is more than 7, a few months back. I think due to sugar intake it is out of control; otherwise, it is normal. I have very low energy due to depression medicines, and I am very drowsy, and irritability does not reduce. I have negative thoughts, and my hands get numb. I have a habit of chewing tobacco. Please, advice some treatment.