Q. My mother suffers from hand and leg pain on the side vaccine was taken. Please guide.

Dr. Nageswara Rao

My mother is a 55-year-old female who took her first dosage of the vaccine before 25 days. Now she suffers from hand and leg pain on the side the vaccine was taken. She is not having a proper sleep because of this pain. If the spray is used, she is getting relief, but the pain is once again starting. She is a diabetic patient. We checked her sugar levels it was showing normal. Is it because of low calcium levels or anything else? Please guide us.

#

Which part exactly is she having pain?

Pain may be due to neuropathy or reduced Calcium and Vitamin D (possibly). In diabetics, it is more likely to be neuropathy. Therefore, she needs Calcium supplements and high-dose Vitamin D.

I suggest her with:

• Tablet Shelcal 500 (Calcium and Vitamin D3) two times a day for one month.
  • Tablet Tayo 60k (Cholecalciferol) once weekly for eight weeks (total eight doses).
  • Tablet Dolonex-DT (Piroxicam 20 mg) two times for three to five days.

Sometimes, diabetic patients will have shoulder pain; it is expected.

She needs to go for physiotherapy.

The pain is from the knees to the soles of the foot in both legs.

#

It is neuropathy. I suggest with:

Injection Optineuron (Thiamine, Pyridoxine, Cyanocobalamin, Vitamin B2, Nicotinamide, D-Panthenol) intramuscularly once a week for eight weeks.

Tablet Pregeb M 75 (Methylcobalamin 750 mcg and Pregabalin 75 mg) daily night for one week.

|