Q. My 13-month-old daughter has diaper rash. Please help.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My daughter is 13.5 months old. For last four days she has diaper rashes. This is the first time she is getting rashes. From yesterday I am using Benzalkonium & Zinc skin cream (happynap). Now rashes reduced. Normally my daughter was pooped 2 or 3 times daily. But for These past four days she is pooping like every one or two hour with very less quantity. The stool passed is normal not loose motion. Before four days I gave her chicken. Is that a reason for rashes? How to normalise her poop. Today I gave her only rice kanji. Kindly help me Doctor. Is giving milk ok at this time?

#

Please note that it is less likely the child has got loos motions because you gave chicken. Instead the child may be having loose motions because of some infection. Please reduce milk intake during this time to increase recovery rate. Also you can continue giving rice kanji. I would advise to give the child Enterogermina 1 respule twice a day for 5 days for the loose motions. Watch for dehydration lethargy and refusal to feed. Also give the child ORS (10 ml/kg with each loose stool) to prevent dehydration. Continue the cream application as going on

Thanks Doctor . May I know what should be the height and weight needed at this age.
# The height and weight both depend on the genetic potential of the child. However for a rough estimate, the weight at this age would be triple of the birth weight or slightly more.
Ok Thanks Doctor
# No problem
Hi Doctor, can I give pomegranate juice for my baby in this condition. Thanks in advance
# Yes you can give.
Can u please suggest how can I give her potty training. She is not ready to sit in potty.
What time/age should Children start using potty instead of diaper. She is 13.5 months old.
# The age of 13.5 months is too young for potty training. You may start potty training at 20 to 24 months. Get some colourful and attractive baby potty for her. Encourage her to use the potty instead of the diaper. Do not force. Reward her with something or the other after using the potty. But however all of this at the age of 20 months. NOT earlier
Thankyou soo much for your valuable advice. Kind regards
# no problem

Hello Doctor. We are not able to get the medicine and it is not available in the shops. Can you suggest any other medicine. Kind regards Today she pooped for only 3 times morning, afternoon and at night. But poop is watery and less in quantity . Is it still loose motion?

# You can use the following alternatives:
1. Enteroplus sachet (1 sachet twice a day for 5 days).
2. Econorm sachet (1 sachet twice a day for 5 days).
3. Syp. Nutrolin b 2. 5 ml once a day.
You can ise either of the 3 alternatives in the dosage prescribed.

If the poop is watery but less in quantity, it means probably the child is recovering.
Ok thanks
# ok

|