Q. I am 88 and the fecal matter comes out of my vagina. What are my options?

Dr. Sujata Mittal

I am 88 yrs old. I have a rectal or vaginal fissure I guess. The fecal matter comes out of my vagina. Sometimes, I have a regular movement but still have a liquid form from the vagina. I do not want surgery. What can I expect for the short term of life I probably have left, if I do not have surgery? The odor is my biggest problem.

#

It is very sad to know about your condition.

I can understand that at the age of 88 years, how you feel and suffer. But foremost, you need to get examined by your gynecologist.

If it is a rectovaginal fistula, the only way to provide relief is by a minor surgery called colostomy in which a small opening will be made on the abdomen from where your fecal matter will come out.

You need to apply Vaseline and an Estriol cream mixed together on your thigh and vagina so that the fecal matter does not cause skin reactions.

The only way to control the odor right now is to wear diapers followed by colostomy.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|