Q. My 3 month old baby cries every night for about half an hour before she sleeps. Is this normal?

Dr. Sirisha
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 03, 2015 and last reviewed on: Dec 25, 2018

My 3 month old baby cries every night for about half an hour before she sleeps. Is this normal? What might be the reason?

#

This is a common complaint in newborn babies and infants.

1. Is your baby is feeding well and has good weight?
  2. Does she have normal stools and urination?
  3. Is there any other health concern?

The common causes of frequent crying in infants could be the following:

1. The usual cause is tummy pain, which can be relieved with medications like Simethicone. I am not sure if this medication is available over the counter in your place.
  2. Look for an ear infection which causes ear pain.
  3. Any rash in the nappy area which can be irritating.
  4. At any point in time, stools and urination need to be observed, which probably might be unusual in your baby as you are specifically telling that it occurs before she sleeps.

|