Q. Does use of diapers cause redness around perianal area in babies?

Dr. Vishal Parmar

My baby has developed redness around the perianal area. We have been traveling for the last two days, and hence, the usage of the diaper was more. My husband has developed a fungal infection, and he is on antifungal. He avoids touching the baby. Please help.

#

If possible, please avoid diapers. Apply easy nappy or rash free ointment around the anal area in thick layer three to four times a day. Apply candid cream twice a day around the anal and groin area.

Diaper rash.

Diaper rash.

|