Login      Sign Up

Q. I am unable to retract the foreskin as it is painful. Is it Balanitis? How to cure it?


Hello doctor,

I am a widower for the last 16 years. At this age, my sex drive is high and being a widower I have no option but to masturbate whenever aroused. However, of late my foreskin turns sore more so after masturbation. Normally, on erection foreskin retracts automatically but in my case, I have to retract the foreskin manually without pain. Presently, due to soreness of the foreskin, retracting manually is slightly painful. Though a diabetic person, sugar is under control with medication. Please suggest some medicines or ointment for an application. Thank you.


Dr.Ashaq Hussain Parrey
General Medicine, Internal Medicine, Rheumatology


Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post.

You seem to have balanitis which means an inflammation of the glans especially the foreskin part. You need to wash the area in the morning and evening with lukewarm water.

Apply Candid cream morning and evening for two weeks.

I suggest you start capsule Doxycycline 100 mg in morning and evening for 19 days and tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once daily for three days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Ask a Doctor Online
Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.

Also Read Answers From

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask an Internal Medicine Physician »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.
Ask a Doctor Online