Q. Can you suggest medicines for loose motion?

Dr. Geethu Thomas

I am suffering from loose motion since two days. Please suggest me medicines.

Do you have a question on Diarrhea Treatment or Diarrhea?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Geethu Thomas

MBBS
Family Physician General Practitioner

• Please get a stool microscopy and stool culture test done at the earliest.
  • If diarrhea is uncontrolled, I suggest you take a dose of Loperamide 2 mg and Probiotics (contains lactobacillus) like Bifilac, twice a day, till diarrhea improves. Also take a Ciprofloxacin and Ornidazole combination tablet twice daily for five days and supplement with ORS (oral rehydration salts), to prevent dehydration. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent. Keep monitoring the blood pressure regularly.
  • What is the nature of the stools? Is there any blood streaks in the stools? Do you have a fever or stomach cramp?

For further queries consult a family physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

For how long can probiotics be taken in abdominal problem?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from health problems for the last 10 years, mainly abdominal problem (excessive gas) and mood swings. Actually, I had taken two terms of nine months Rifampicin. After that, the digestion problem and mood swings continued. A lot of tests were done in different big hospit...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. From what you mentioned, you have irritable bowel syndrome. Darolac (Lactobacillus) is a good treatment which helps replace disturbed gut flora.It is safe OTC medication, with a maintenance dose of one capsule per day. You can increase it...  Read Full »

How can loose stools and a lot of gas released from the anus be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, Since last one year, I am having loose stools with a lot of gas released from the anus. Motion is not cleared fully. There is a burning sensation in stomach and somewhere in the intestines. There is a huge rambling in the stomach, especially in the evening hours. The doctor ...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The present symptoms look more likely due to constipation.  I suggest you follow these measures: Avoid constipating foods like maize-based foods, junk foods, baked ones etc. Keep yourself well hydrated with two to three liters of water a day in various ...  Read Full »

Why am I having diarrhea following constipation for a long time?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having a slightly upset stomach with bloating for the past four months. I thought I had a bug. Two weeks later, it seemed much better. However, my bowel movements did not return to normal. I had mostly constipation for about a month (even though my stomach did not feel as upset anym...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history fits into the acid peptic disease. I do not find any sign of cancer over here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend you the following. A combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once daily for a few days. A good probiotic, t...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now