Q. Can you suggest medicines for loose motion?

Dr. Geethu Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2019

I am suffering from loose motion since two days. Please suggest me medicines.

Dr. Geethu Thomas

Internal Medicine
#

• Please get a stool microscopy and stool culture test done at the earliest.
  • If diarrhea is uncontrolled, I suggest you take a dose of Loperamide 2 mg and Probiotics (contains lactobacillus) like Bifilac, twice a day, till diarrhea improves. Also take a Ciprofloxacin and Ornidazole combination tablet twice daily for five days and supplement with ORS (oral rehydration salts), to prevent dehydration. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent. Keep monitoring the blood pressure regularly.
  • What is the nature of the stools? Is there any blood streaks in the stools? Do you have a fever or stomach cramp?

For further queries consult a family physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

For how long can probiotics be taken in abdominal problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from health problems for the last 10 years, mainly abdominal problem (excessive gas) and mood swings. Actually, I had taken two terms of nine months Rifampicin. After that, the digestion problem and mood swings continued. A lot of tests were done in different big hospit...  Read Full »

How can loose stools and a lot of gas released from the anus be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, Since last one year, I am having loose stools with a lot of gas released from the anus. Motion is not cleared fully. There is a burning sensation in stomach and somewhere in the intestines. There is a huge rambling in the stomach, especially in the evening hours. The doctor ...  Read Full »

Why am I having diarrhea following constipation for a long time?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a slightly upset stomach with bloating for the past four months. I thought I had a bug. Two weeks later, it seemed much better. However, my bowel movements did not return to normal. I had mostly constipation for about a month (even though my stomach did not feel as upset anym...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now