Q. Can you suggest medicines for loose motion?

Dr. Geethu Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I am suffering from loose motion since two days. Please suggest me medicines.

#

• Please get a stool microscopy and stool culture test done at the earliest.
  • If diarrhea is uncontrolled, I suggest you take a dose of Loperamide 2 mg and Probiotics (contains lactobacillus) like Bifilac, twice a day, till diarrhea improves. Also take a Ciprofloxacin and Ornidazole combination tablet twice daily for five days and supplement with ORS (oral rehydration salts), to prevent dehydration. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent. Keep monitoring the blood pressure regularly.
  • What is the nature of the stools? Is there any blood streaks in the stools? Do you have a fever or stomach cramp?

For further queries consult a family physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|