Q. Can stomach problems cause lower back pain?

Dr. J. N. Naidu
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 18, 2021 and last reviewed on: Apr 17, 2021

I am 49 years old male, and my weight is 80 kg. I am a smoker and social drinker. I have seen several doctor. I have symptoms like diarrhea every day for the last three years and stomach discomfort and pain. I have back pains, leg pains, and calcification of a disc for the past five years. I was sent home with Tylenol. I have sexual dysfunction, leaking pee when going to the bathroom. I have been taking Viagra for four years it no longer works. I tested for prostate and STD. And who knows what else.

#

I studied your complex problem carefully. I am of the view that nobody visits a doctor without an annoying problem. The problem is to identify whether it is physical or psychological. It is not easy, sometimes. I prescribe:

1. Florastor 250 mg (Saccharomyces boulardii lyo) one capsule daily at night for twenty days.
  2. Albendazole 400 mg (Albenza) one tablet at night after dinner. It is single-dose only and should not be repeated.

Also, get the following tests done fasting blood glucose, HB (hemoglobin test), CBC (complete blood count), CRP (c-reactive protein), serum albumin, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and urine examination. Inform your test results so that the problem can be evaluated properly and suggest appropriate treatment.

|