Q. I am under treatment for diarrhea for past 10 months. Can I include curd and lassi in my food?

Dr. Ohams Henry
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 19, 2019

I am suffering from diarrhea for the past 10 months and having treatment at the hospital. I want to know about the diets I should have. The doctor says no for milk, but fine to have curd or lassi. I want to confirm if I can have curd and lassi?

#

Probably your diarrhea comes when consuming milk containing food, which means your intestines are intolerant to lactose, which is the sugar that is present in milk. We call such situation as lactose intolerant enteritis. Curd and lassi you can take because their lactose content has been degraded by fermentation and so you can have both.

|