Q. I am under treatment for diarrhea for past 10 months. Can I include curd and lassi in my food?

Dr. Ohams Henry
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jun 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 19, 2019

I am suffering from diarrhea for the past 10 months and having treatment at the hospital. I want to know about the diets I should have. The doctor says no for milk, but fine to have curd or lassi. I want to confirm if I can have curd and lassi?

Dr. Ohams Henry

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Probably your diarrhea comes when consuming milk containing food, which means your intestines are intolerant to lactose, which is the sugar that is present in milk. We call such situation as lactose intolerant enteritis. Curd and lassi you can take because their lactose content has been degraded by fermentation and so you can have both.

Why is 5-month-old baby having loose motion with pH level of 6?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 5-month-old baby who is having loose motion, so got his test done for reducing substances. It has a pH level of 6 and a positive report. What does this report signify? Otherwise, he is very gassy and burps and passes gas a lot. Please help.  Read Full »

Had spicy food and suffering from diarrhea. How to treat it?

Query: Hi doctor, Three days back, I had food for dinner. The food was spicy. Next day, in the morning, I vomited it completely. I suffer from diarrhea for the past two days, and I feel tired. Please suggest me.  Read Full »