Q. Velocity E is 84. 2 cm/s, and the MVA max velocity is 133. 5 cm/s. What does it indicate?

and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jun 06, 2019

I was diagnosed with diastolic dysfunction. The report says velocity E is 84.2 cm/s, and the MVA max velocity is 133.5 cm/s. What does this mean?

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Diastolic dysfunction means there is dysfunction in cardiac relaxation. This is not a worrisome thing and quite common in elders, overweight and patients with hypertension, and other diseases which must have been ruled out on echo and ECG. However, this may cause symptoms like shortness of breath, pedal edema, etc. Needs to have a low salt diet and low dose diuretics like Torsemide for shortness of breath. I Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

My ECG is normal and heart rate is high. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I recently observed that my heart rate (including the resting one) is high. Resting rate is between 75 to 85 beats per minute and an average brisk walking rate is around 115 to 120 beats per minute. When I was unaware, I lived a perfectly normal life with 15 to 16 active hours. However, ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for LV diastolic dysfunction?

Query: Hello doctor,What is LV diastolic dysfunction grade 1? Doctor suggested stress echo cardiography. And conclusion includes this line. I can show you reports. What is the treatment for this. Any medicines?  Read Full »

What does my baby's echocardiogram report indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby's heart rate is 110 beats per minute. During examination, the echocardiogram shows S1 normal, S2 split 3/6 and continuous murmur at left infraclavicular region. What does the information indicate?  Read Full »