Q. Why do I have problem in bending forward?

Answered by Dr. Lokesh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Do you have a question on Difficulty In Bending Forward or Physiotherapy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I injured my lower back while squatting about one and a half month back. I have difficulty in bending backwards. A sharp pain was felt when I used to bend backward. But, no pain in forward bending or sideway bending. Neither any pain was felt on touching the region. So, I started physiotherapy and the situation is improving. Recently, when I was playing badminton again I felt the similar pain whenever I tried to bend backward. So, I consulted a doctor. He viewed my x-ray report and said there is no such problem in it. He advised me to stay away from sports for the next 10 days. But, the pain has worsened now. I feel pain in a different region that is just above the right hip. The pain is felt on touching that part and now I have even problem in bending forward. Even sitting increases the pain now. Standing and walking makes it better. As advised by the doctor I regularly do muscle strengthening and stretching exercises, but no improvement can be seen. Please help.