Q. I am not able to concentrate in studies as before. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 21, 2021

I am 21 years old. I was excellent at studies. But, now, I am not able to concentrate on books. I feel like I have lost the power of memory. I do not remember even very small things. I have developed some bad habits like chewing papers, the inner side of lips, inner side of cheeks, etc. I am getting sick day by day. I also have a problem of a bad headache for the past five years, and I cannot sleep well. Please help.

#

• The habits like chewing papers, the inner side of lips or cheeks, etc., could be occurring due to some underlying anxiety.
  • Behavioral modification can prove helpful to reduce these restrictive behaviors. Try to distract yourself whenever you are engaged in such habits.
  • Poor concentration and loss of memory are also part of anxiety. Supplements containing Vitamin B12 and E should be used in your case. These supplements will improve the focus and memory.
  • Take proper high protein food, and you will see improvement in yourself.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|