Q. Why does my pain radiate from back to thigh?

Dr. Sumit Chawla
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

I am a 28 year old woman. I am suffering from a radiating pain that spreads from back to the lower half of the body. I have this issue since a year. It aggravates when I ride bike. Occasionally, the pain may also radiate upward. If I keep hard item then I get some relief. I am taking muscle relaxants for pain relief. Please help.

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

• Your symptom profile with long duration of pain unsettled after muscle relaxant points towards disc herniation as a probable etiology.
  • You need to visit an orthopedic surgeon for neurological examination to look for signs of neurological impairment and get an MRI scan of lumbo sacral region of the spine.
  • Further treatment depends up on both findings of the examination and the MRI images.

Revert back after the investigations to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

How to treat my upper back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, While sitting on a sofa, I was completely relaxed, and my body was lying unbalanced against it. Suddenly, I felt some pain that started in the upper back area. But it did not disappear even after I got up and did a lot of body straightening and stretching. It was minor. Particularly in ...  Read Full »

I have a great deal of pain due to L5-S1 disc hernia. How to get over it?

Query: Hello doctor,I suffer from an L5-S1 disc hernia, with pressure on the S1 root. I also have a partial tear in the right hip labrum. My surgeon is not sure which one is the cause of leg pain which starts at the low back and ends at the back of my feet. I suffer from a great deal of pain and would real...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now