Q. Why does my pain radiate from back to thigh?

Dr. Sumit Chawla
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

I am a 28 year old woman. I am suffering from a radiating pain that spreads from back to the lower half of the body. I have this issue since a year. It aggravates when I ride bike. Occasionally, the pain may also radiate upward. If I keep hard item then I get some relief. I am taking muscle relaxants for pain relief. Please help.

#

• Your symptom profile with long duration of pain unsettled after muscle relaxant points towards disc herniation as a probable etiology.
  • You need to visit an orthopedic surgeon for neurological examination to look for signs of neurological impairment and get an MRI scan of lumbo sacral region of the spine.
  • Further treatment depends up on both findings of the examination and the MRI images.

Revert back after the investigations to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|