Q. I feel spinning and heavy head. Kindly suggest some medicine.

Published on Mar 15, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 13, 2019

I am 24 years old. My BP and sugar levels are normal. For the last two months, I am facing the following problems. My head feels heavy, but I do not have a headache. I feel dizzy and head spinning feeling at the time of walking, uneasy feel in the forehead part, mild eye pain and blurred vision. I felt that there might be some problem in my eyes. I had an eye checkup, and they said that nothing wrong in my eyes. Kindly explain me the problem and suggest some medicine for the same.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all, I like to inform you that having a heavy head for some time is normal and can present due to excessive stress. Although you did not mention anything about your current stress level, in the young age tension induced heaviness of head is most common. The possibility is very high considering concomitant symptoms such as dizziness and blurred vision.

It is important to have a brain scan before making a conclusion. You are requested to undergo CT scan from the nearby diagnostic center and report back to me with details. In my opinion, the choice of medicine should be considered only after exclusion of other significant brain pathology.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

I am sending the CT scan report of my brain. Please go through the report.

#

Thanks for reverting back to me with the CT brain report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have reviewed the report and fortunately nothing abnormal with it. The possibility of stress-induced pathology is very high.

In my opinion, I suggest you start with 25 mg Amitriptyline at night time. It comes with brand name Amitone 25 or Tryptomer 25 or eliwel 25 mg from different pharmaceutical companies. It has a slight side effect in the form of sedation, so prefer to take it at bedtime. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent. Continue it as recommended for 15 days and revert to me for further guidance.

Revert after 15 days to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full >>

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, it seems like fibromyalgia with anxiety. Whenever we are anxious, our autonomic nervous system plays a role, and hence increases the blood flow to various organs by pumping more blood at higher rates, and thus heartbeats can be felt by us. Also,...  Read Full

Why am I having dizziness and blackout with swollen throat?

Query: Hello doctor, For a couple of days now I have been ill and the symptoms are getting worse. First, it started off with a swollen throat (which I still have but is not as bad) which gives me a phlegm cough but has reduced. I constantly have dizziness and blackouts with pulsating sensations not only g...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geethu Thomas
Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on descriptive history, I come to the conclusion that it started off as a viral infection (a sore throat) and has progressed to a secondary bacterial infection which has manifested as a cough with phlegm and due to phlegm accumulation in your sinuses, you are experi...  Read Full

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Great amount of stress in children does affect brain development. As the brain develops till the age of 18 years, stress can affect the development. Stress can, in general, affect the functioning of the body, hormonal balance, and immunity levels as well. If the str...  Read Full