Q. I have persistent dizziness with lightheadedness. Is this due to eye power variation?

Dr. Pooja Pandya

I have persistent dizziness. I took Cinnarizine for eight days, as prescribed by two doctors, but no improvement. I talked to the third doctor and was informed that my dizziness is not vertigo, it is light-headedness. Doctor recommended my eyes to be checked instead. I got my visual acuity from my physical exam last year. I am currently taking Cetitirzine for cough.

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

How much is your vision? And is this dizziness associated with any abnormalities in vision? Are you having headache or vomiting? Any history of migraine are you having?

Kindly provide the above history because it will help us in the diagnosis of your condition. Depending upon that, we can plan further for your case.

| 

I do not really understand the result of my vision test. I attached it in my response just to be sure.

Here it is: Right: -3.50 (S), -0.25 (C), 65 (A).

Left: -3.75 (S), -0.25 (C), 161 (A).

One of the triggers of the surge of dizziness is whenever I face my laptop. I do not wear any glasses at the moment. I had a headache for three consecutive days last week. I did not vomit previous week, though. In the past, I have had episodes of having headache with vomiting. I believe my headache is a migraine but had not got the chance to confirm from a doctor if it was a migraine. Yesterday, when I did not face my laptop, dizziness was there, but there was no headache.

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Hello

Yes, you have power, so that is one reason for your dizziness and vertigo. You have to wear glasses, compulsorily and continuous. If you are not having vomiting, then just wait for a few days with glasses. If it is relived, it is fine otherwise, you have to rule out migraines by consulting a neurologist.

That is the way you should follow.

|