Drug Abuse

Will meth interfere with anesthesia that is given before surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a surgery for rolando fracture tomorrow morning. I am a bit worried about this. I was given meth during a dance festival, day before yesterday evening. I went and got a drug test just to make sure and have been up since then and am hoping I can fall asleep at least a few hours...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Meth intake might cause interactions with anaesthetic medicines which require to be given during surgery. It is never safe and might cause adverse effects during and after anesthesia. Usually pa...  Read Full »

Can Xanax be used for ADHD?

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 26 years old, now has been diagnosed with ADHD when he was 5 years old. He went to various psychiatrist to make sure that he is actually ADHD. Six doctors confirmed that he has ADHD and two doctors said he has bipolar disorder. He says that he was given Xanax as a treatment...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder also called as ADHD is a problem with hyperactivity and decrease attention. Bipolar disorder is the disorder in which increase talk, tall claims, decrease need for sleep and high energy are the most common symptoms. Xanax (Alpr...  Read Full »

Why is there shocking sensation in arms in an IV drug user?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an IV drug user, street-level Fentanyl and Carfentanyl specifically and I am getting big deep scabby like sores all over my arms where I am using IV. Now I am noticing electrical currents shocking my arms both at exactly the same time, especially when I take deeper breaths I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am really sorry to know that you are an IV drug user. I hope you will start quitting the drug, life is a beautiful gift, so do not throw it away like this. Get helped by family or friends or even by a specialist to be drug-free. You deserve a better life, but not l...  Read Full »

Can drug abuse cause memory blackouts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 23 year old son. He admits to current marijuana use once or twice a week. He admits to a variety of drugs including cocaine, meth, heroin, LSD in the past year. His ex-mother in law says he currently uses cocaine and meth. He denies current drug use beyond pot. He says he has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. What we are dealing with here is a transient global amnesia (TGA). During these episodes, there is a temporary memory loss of recent events with preserved social and cognitive skills. The person typically does not remember the events of the l...  Read Full »

My friend takes a drug to boost his energy while body building. Is it safe?

Query: Hi doctor, My friend, who is a fitness freak is training to compete at a state level body building competition this year. He is training alongside some local bodybuilder. My concern is, I have seen recently that his physique is really good, but he has some dark spots on his veins on both the arms. H...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Termin (Mephentermine) injection is composed of the following active ingredients (salts): propyl paraben - 0.02 % W/V, methyl paraben - 0.18 % W/V, and mephentermine - 15 mg. It is a muscle relaxing agent which increases the stamina but has lots of side effects. I sug...  Read Full »

Can I get infected with HIV after rubbing penis foreskin on wall or toilet seat?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from HIV phobia, and I am having a tingling sensation in my hand and feet. Can I get HIV from bed sheet as my penis foreskin was rubbed in a bus and there may be infected fluid on that spot? Can I get HIV from rubbing penis foreskin on wall or toilet seat infected with HIV...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

Family Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, you cannot get infected by HIV from a bedsheet or from toilet pans. Tingling and numbness occur due to many reasons. It needs evaluation. Remember, HIV can only live at approximately 8-12 seconds in the outside world and live up to 20 minutes in tissue samples. It r...  Read Full »

I feel strange after smoking marijuana. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I smoked marijuana three days ago. I am feeling very strange from the past three days.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. It is normal to have an abnormal feeling after marijuana for up to a week, especially if you have used it for the first time. You need not worry. Just try to forget the incident and do not use it in the future. Take enough water and fresh ...  Read Full »

I overdosed on medicines two years back. Have I damaged my liver and kidneys?

Query: Hello doctor, I had overdosed on multiple medicines two years back, which included eight iron tablets on two occasions, Avil 16 tablets 25 mg, SSRI twice, all on different occasions. Two years back, my SGPT was 106, a month after my last overdose incident and creatinine was 1.2. Since then, my SGPT ...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you had an overdose of few medicines two years back. This will usually cause a transient damage to your liver and kidney. These organs will recover completely if there is no underlying inherent disease for them. You need to avoid any further occurrences like ...  Read Full »

Should I inform the doctor if I have meth in my system when going for a surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, 6 feet and 150 lbs. I am not on any medication. I have a surgery in five hours and I have meth in my system taken about five hours earlier. Should I cancel the surgery or go to the surgery and tell the doctor?   Read Full »

Dr. Manu Kumar

Anesthesiologist, Criticalcare Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing to do is to share this information with your doctor. He will be a better person to decide whether to postpone the surgery or not. If it is not an emergency or an urgent surgery, I would advise my patients to postpone it till the meth is out of the syste...  Read Full »

Is there a problem with my son's personailty?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is a college student. He is 21 now. He has depression from about three years and has been seeing a psychiatrist for a while. He has been missing assignments and classes and got put on probation and withdrawal. And, he lies a lot. For instance, he signed a waiver to his college ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depression is now common in 2 % of the children and adolescents. Its cause is not specific, but a combination of multiple factors such as environmental, biological and psychological. Firstly, we have to look for any specific underlying causes for his depression. A...  Read Full »