Substance Abuse

Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sign of: Dehydration. Urinary tract infection. Excessive fatigue. Alcohol. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal. Postictal state (seizure). Electrolyte disturbances. Others would also include infection of the cen...  Read Full »

Can drug abuse cause memory blackouts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 23 year old son. He admits to current marijuana use once or twice a week. He admits to a variety of drugs including cocaine, meth, heroin, LSD in the past year. His ex-mother in law says he currently uses cocaine and meth. He denies current drug use beyond pot. He says he has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. What we are dealing with here is a transient global amnesia (TGA). During these episodes, there is a temporary memory loss of recent events with preserved social and cognitive skills. The person typically does not remember the events of the l...  Read Full »

My friend takes a drug to boost his energy while body building. Is it safe?

Query: Hi doctor, My friend, who is a fitness freak is training to compete at a state level body building competition this year. He is training alongside some local bodybuilder. My concern is, I have seen recently that his physique is really good, but he has some dark spots on his veins on both the arms. H...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Termin (Mephentermine) injection¬†is composed of the following active ingredients (salts): propyl paraben - 0.02 % W/V, methyl paraben - 0.18 % W/V, and mephentermine - 15 mg. It is a muscle relaxing agent which increases the stamina but has lots of side effects. I sug...  Read Full »

I feel weird after smoking marijuana. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I smoked marijuana the day before yesterday night. I was all right in the morning. When I went to college, I felt strange to my hands (especially left hand) and both the legs. But, in the noon it disappeared. When I smoked in the noon, that strange feeling came back to me again. From that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned here are the short term side effects of marijuana. Short term memory problems, fear, panic, hallucinations, anxiety, strange behavior, increased heart rate and many other psychological symptoms are all symptoms of having marijuana. If yo...  Read Full »

I am scared that what I saw in a scary movie will happen to me. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, and I recently saw a scary movie, where a man used a turkey baster to insert semen into a woman's vagina. This scared me very much, and I remember one time I fell asleep on a couch in a study room. If someone did something like this to me while I was asleep, it would hav...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. It is normal to some extent to have scary thoughts after visualizing scary scenes in the movies or real life. The kind of idea which you are experiencing is known as intrusive thoughts and mostly very scary and distressful.¬...  Read Full »

I am unable to get an orgasm of late. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been unable to achieve an orgasm lately. It started disappearing midway during sex with my husband. Now I just cannot get one at all. I have not been able to self-pleasure in years, and I have never been able to get an orgasm via oral sex. I have always had great sex with my hus...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are probably suffering from female orgasmic disorder (FOD). Substance use can cause FOD. Certain medical conditions can also result in female sexual dysfunctions. Kindly get¬†a¬†blood panel done to rule out an organic cause. I suggest: Follicle¬†stimulating hormone...  Read Full »

Will I get lung cancer with a 3 year history of smoking?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 17 years old and turning 16 this month. I have been smoking marijuana and cigarettes for nearly three years or maybe less. I have been feeling pressure or a bubble like feeling in my left lung. I have really bad anxiety when it comes to thinking that I have cancer. It paranoids me. I...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Lung cancer at this age is rare. Also, three years is not a duration that will lead to cancer and exposure needs to be in decades.Also, you already underwent investigation and found nothing. I think you should not be worried at this stage. Your symptoms are psychological...  Read Full »

I believe that I have MPD, but my doctor diagnosed it as depression and anxiety. How?

Query: Hi doctor,I believe that I have symptoms of MPD. Some are from my past and some are present. For examples, I see things in black and white, low self-esteem, feeling evil, substance abuse (weed and alcohol), feeling empty, not sure how to react to emotional or social situations and unhealthy relation...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Some of the symptoms you have mentioned suggest depression and anxiety. Low self-esteem, feeling low, etc., are classical depression symptoms. Hair pulling is one of the anxiety symptoms. Under unconscious anxiety, individuals deve...  Read Full »

I am hearing a voice saying something odd. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I know it is something odd, but I have to ask. These days I am hearing something odd. I do not like hearing or to say I am being pissed by that. I am hearing a voice saying that your height will increase if you masturbate. I guess it as an odd hearing. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to assure you that around 5% of us experience such voices in our lifetime. The possibility is generally higher during teenage. I am not aware of your age. If you are a teenager, then this could be a n...  Read Full »