Q. My daughter had an accidental overdose of her fever medicine. Please help.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2021

My daughter is 2 and a half years old, and due to a low-grade fever, she was prescribed 5 ml of Opox 50. But accidentally, my wife gave her 5 ml of Opox 100 last night. My daughter started vomiting at 2.30 AM. She complained of a little headache too. Is this a serious issue? Please help me.

#

• This seems to be an episode of an overdose of Cefpodoxime. One of the adverse effects of Cefpodoxime is vomiting, and in her case, since the medicine was given in a higher quantity, it may have lead to vomiting.
  • But, do not worry. Whenever something like this happens, omit the next dose of the medicine on the same day. You can give the same medicines in proper dose from the next day onwards.

For more information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

|