Q. How to treat typhoid fever?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Sneha Kannan
Published on Feb 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 15, 2019

I am a 29 year old male. I am suffering from fever for the last one week. Doctor told me that I am suffering with typhoid. He suggested me PECEF Duo 200, Penxo-D and Zall-XP. I have attached the reports. I have used these medicines for the last three days but still I have a temperature of 100 degrees. I request you to see the attached report and confirm my disease. Is it a curable one with the above medicine and diet?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity) do show high titers of Salmonella typhi O and H antigen. The treatment offered with antibiotic, Cefpodoxime 200 mg twice a day, is to be taken ideally for 10 days along with Pen-D (Pantoprazole and Domperidone).

However, you should keep yourself well hydrated and also take tablet Combiflam (combination of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen) 500 mg twice a day for next five days plus capsule Becosules (multivitamin), one capsule twice a day for next 10 days. This will help to control the fever which shall settle down by fifth to seventh day.

Eat homemade freshly cooked warm food with green leafy vegetables, rice and a cup of dal daily. You should take a cup of curd daily in the afternoon with the lunch. Weakness is a part of illness and hence keep yourself hydrated with lemon flavored Glucon-D, use thrice a day with 2 teaspoon in a glass of water.

Take rest, which forms an important part of treatment along with clean water source, either RO (reverse osmosis) or boiled. Combiflam shall relieve your body ache and fever, so please take it as well.

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »

Should I take Prevacid in the night for GERD?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with GERD six years ago. I have gained 10 pounds of weight and I started having phlegm in my throat. I am coughing more to get the phlegm out of my throat. I am currently taking Prevacid (over-the-counter) once a day in the morning. The phlegm and coughing does not seem ...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in the back of chest with poor bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas.  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now