Q. I have been getting dry cough since the last one week. How to go about this?

Dr. Md Rajja
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 16, 2021

I am a 37-year-old female with a weight of 51 kilograms and a height of four feet ten inches. I have a dry cough for a week intermittently. I have a slight heaviness in the chest while breathing. Kindly suggest.

#

You can take an X-ray of the chest in a posteroanterior view. You can do a throat swab test to rule out covid-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2). You can take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day for five days, tablet Loratidine 10 mg thrice a day for five days, and tablet Flexon (Ibuprofen with Paracetamol) twice a day for three days.

My cough has become better. But I have slight heaviness while breathing.

#

You can take Syrup Ascoril 10 ml (Phenyl ephedrine with Chlorpheniramine maleate, Dextromethorphan hydrobromide) thrice daily for five days. You can do gargling using Betadine 5 ml for two minutes twice daily for ten days. Do steam inhalation once daily for five minutes. You can take tablet Levofloxacin 500 mg once a day for five days and continue taking other medicines.

You have a cough.

You can take a chest X-ray in posteroanterior view and throat swab test to rule out covid-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2).

You seem to have a cough.

You seem to have a cough.

You can take syrup Ascoril 10 ml (Phenyl ephedrine with Chlorpheniramine maleate and Dextromethorphan hydrobromide) thrice daily for five days. You can do gargling using Betadine 5 ml for two minutes thrice daily for ten days. Do steam inhalation once daily for five minutes. You can take tablet Levofloxacin 500 mg once daily for five days and continue taking other old medicines.

Have a follow-up as soon as possible.

|