Q. Nothing seem to help my very dry and flaky eyelids. What to do?

Dr. Deepti Shukla
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 02, 2021

I am 17 years old. I have a lot of problems with my eyes. I have dry eyelids. They seem to be flaky. Sometimes, they look red and irritated. My under-eye area is dry and it looks like under eye wrinkles. I also have dryness around my mouth. I consulted a dermatologist and she advised me to use a bunch of creams like Revitol cream and Hydrocutan. It soothed down my condition but it did not completely heal it. Hydrocutan is oily in texture but it dries my eyes and makes them flaky and bad. The same issue happens even after using Revitol cream also. I need expert advice. I have this issue for five months. I have done a lot of blood tests. I have vitamin D deficiency and taking care of it. But still, there is no improvement in my issues.

#

I understand your concern. I went through your history and photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have eyelid eczema or seborrheic dermatitis. Eyelid dermatitis occurs due to irritants like contact lens solution, make-up, and kajal. Seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammatory condition where yellow scaling occurs in seborrheic areas like eyebrows, scalp, and sides of the nose. You need to consult a dermatologist soon for an examination of your face to confirm your diagnosis. Kindly provide a clear photo to suggest treatment accordingly.

|