Q. Nothing seem to help my very dry and flaky eyelids. What to do?

Dr. Deepti Shukla
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 29, 2020

Hi there , I’m a 17 year old teenager and I’ve been having a lot of problems with the area around the eyes . I have very dry eyelids , they are flaky sometimes really red and irritated and then my under eye area is also very dry like it has gone to the point where it looks like i have under eye wrinkles because they’re so dry and flaky. I also have dryness around my mouth too same as the eye area.I’ve consulted a local dermatologist and she gave me a bunch of creams like evitol cream and Hydrocutan which basically just kind of soothed down the condition but not really heal it . The hydrocutan cream is really oily in texture but the second it dries from my eyes my eyes go back to being flaky and bad. Same with the evitol cream . I would really appreciate some advice from a proffesional like yourself because my country is not very trained and good at diagnosing these kind of skin conditions . Thank you very much . Much love

I have had this condition for about maybe 5 months now with no cure . I did a lot of blood tests and stuff like that . I only had a little problem with vitamine d deficiency but i have been taking care of it and still no improvement for my eye and mouth area.

#

Hello, Don't worry I'll help you with your concern. I went through your history and photo, it suggest either you have developed eyelid eczema or seborrhiec dermatitis. Eyelid dermatitis can occur due to any irritant like contact lens solution , make up , kajal etc Seborrhiec dermatitis is an inflammatory condition in which yellow scaling occur in seborrhiec area like eyebrows, scalp, side of nose etc Dear I need to examine your complete face to assess properly so I can suggest you confirmed diagnosis. If it is eyelid eczema then treatment is correct but if it is seborrhiec dermatosis I might need to slightly change the treatment. Please revert back with a photo so I can suggest you treatment accordingly. Thanks and regards

|