Q. Kindly suggest a treatment for dry eyes.

Answered by Dr. Shikha and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Dry Eyes or Omega Fatty Acids? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I spend nine hours daily in front of a computer for the last five years. I have developed dry eye problem before two years and consulted a doctor. The doctor suggested Omega 369 tablets (Fultos 369) for 15 days and an eye drop (Softdrops) daily. The dry eye problem cured after taking tablets and has been using the same eye drop daily for around four to five times since then. My eyesight was tested and fine that time. I use transparent lens and glasses while working because without that it feels the moisture is getting evaporated from eyes. I also use an eye mask after keeping in freezer to relax eyes for some time. In the last month, I again started feeling some burning sensation in eyes like earlier due to dry eye. I started taking Omega 369 tablets (Well 369) for 10 days and the eye burning problem almost stopped. Now, I am feeling the same burning problem in the eyes. These are some specific queries on this issue. How much dosage of Omega 369 can be taken for dry eye this time? What are the best medicines having Omega 369? Is there any side effect of having Omega 369 for a long time? Which foods are the best supplements of Omega 369 in this case? Is there any side effect of using eye drop for a long time? I put 2 drops in each eye for four to five times daily. Is there any alternative treatment or medicine for dry eye problem? I am looking forward your reply. Thank you.