Q. How can I cure dry skin around my lips that is peeling off?

Dr. Kakkar
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My skin around the lip is always dry and peeling off. I tried applying all natural moisturizers like ghee, olive oil, etc. My doctor has asked me to take Neurobion for vitamin deficiency. Still, no improvement related to dryness. Kindly suggest a remedy for this.

#

I suggest you apply Flutivate (Fluticasone propionate) cream, twice daily for a week. Thereafter, I suggest you apply NMF-e lip balm, 2 to 3 times in a day.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Please specify mg or doses. Is this medicine Fluticasone cream IP or Fluticasone BP? Again, can it be applied on the lips or surrounding area only? Is there any harm if it is licked or any side effects?

#

Fluticasone propionate 0.05 % cream (Flutivate cream) twice daily for a week. It is safe to be used on lips and surrounding skin. There is no untoward side effect even if it is licked.

|