Q. How can I cure dry skin around my lips that is peeling off?

Dr. Kakkar
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My skin around the lip is always dry and peeling off. I tried applying all natural moisturizers like ghee, olive oil, etc. My doctor has asked me to take Neurobion for vitamin deficiency. Still, no improvement related to dryness. Kindly suggest a remedy for this.

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

I suggest you apply Flutivate (Fluticasone propionate) cream, twice daily for a week. Thereafter, I suggest you apply NMF-e lip balm, 2 to 3 times in a day.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Please specify mg or doses. Is this medicine Fluticasone cream IP or Fluticasone BP? Again, can it be applied on the lips or surrounding area only? Is there any harm if it is licked or any side effects?

Dr. Kakkar

#

Fluticasone propionate 0.05 % cream (Flutivate cream) twice daily for a week. It is safe to be used on lips and surrounding skin. There is no untoward side effect even if it is licked.

| 

Which vitamin to take for premature ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor,I did a test. I got my results that my erection transmitter is 2.99, testosterone is 4.459. vitamins E, K, and C are also slightly low. Could this be the reason I have premature ejaculation? At times, I also have a weak erection after one ejaculation. What should I take to treat these? Tha...  Read Full »

Can vitamin deficiency cause muscle twitching?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I began having twitches and tingling in both legs from the knee down. For some time now, probably 6 months or more, I also began feeling that my legs were heavy and just general weakness all over, not really muscle weakness. I am also a gastric bypass patient and have a his...  Read Full »

What to do if I accidently got Fluticasone spray in the eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I think my Flonase (Fluticasone) nasal spray bottle was empty which is actually was and I have no idea what suddenly changed. I started pumping it which I usually have to do when it is empty before I reached my nostril, and a puff sprayed into my left eye. As I heard the sound, I imme...  Read Full »