Q. In winters, my skin gets very dry. What cream would suit me?

Answered by
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 14, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am a 37 year old female. I am facing pimples problem in and around my nose area on my face. Now, in winters, my skin is getting very dry and also getting white. I want to know which face cream suits me for dry skin.

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatology Venereology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Hope you are doing well.

At your age, pimples are very unlikely. Pimples seen after 30 years of age is called adult acne, most of the times it is because of a hormonal cause. I am really sorry, I cannot suggest medicines for pimples without seeing your clinical picture. This is because I am not sure if it is pimples, as there are many conditions which mimic pimples. However, I would like to mention few skin care tips for pimples.

  1. Wash your face three times a day with a good face wash. If your face is very dry, I would suggest you use Cetaphil cleansing lotion, it is a neutral face wash for dry skin with pimples.
  2. Do not touch or pick the pimples. It would leave bad pigmentation and scar which is even more difficult to treat.
  3. Use a good sunscreen. Apply 30 minutes before going out in the sun.
  4. Eat foods that are rich in vitamin A like carrot, papaya, muskmelon, and pumpkin. These foods have betacarotene, which is essential for healthy glowing skin.

Now regarding your dry skin,

  1. Use Sebamed cleansing shower oil to take bath. This product leaves a layer of oil on the skin. So, you do not feel the tightness of skin or get the white layer.
  2. Use a good moisturizer. I would recommend Sebamed or Cetaphil moisturizer for the body. Apply this moisturizer soon after shower when the skin is still moist.
  3. Keep yourself hydrated, drink two to three liters of water per day.
  4. Regular exercise to keep the hormonal balance intact.
  5. Always use lukewarm water for bath, never hot shower.

Kindly add your clinical picture next time with your query, it will be easier to suggest medicines.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What can be done to clear acne marks due to pimples during periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old and I have a combination skin type. I have minimal breakouts basically during my periods but these pimples leave a lot of marks. Please suggest me a tablet or a treatment on how to remove these marks. Also, I do not want to take any medicines containing steroids or ap...  Read Full »

How can I cure dry skin around my lips that is peeling off?

Query: Hello doctor, My skin around the lip is always dry and peeling off. I tried applying all natural moisturizers like ghee, olive oil, etc. My doctor has asked me to take Neurobion for vitamin deficiency. Still, no improvement related to dryness. Kindly suggest a remedy for this.  Read Full »

What is the treatment for penis pain due to balanoposthitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I had mild penis pain below the glans. The doctor checked and informed minimal balanoposthitis. I took Microdox 100 for 15 days, Zocon for seven days, Gabapentin for 15 days. There was a relief. He asked me to apply Onabet cream for 15 days. When I apply Onabet cream it relieves me but...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.