Q. Can you suggest a skin whitening cream that does not contain steroids?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
Published on Nov 27, 2017

I am a 27 year old female. My skin appears very dull. Can you suggest a whitening cream that does not contain steroid, which I can use on a regular basis?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

You can take an oral Vitamin C supplement every day. I suggest taking one sachet of Ener-C 1000 mg in a glass of water.

Use sunscreen in the morning.

Apply Golite skin lightening cream over the face at bedtime.

For more information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Hello doctor,

Thanks for your reply. Can Ener-C be used on a long-term? For how many months can I use it? Are there any side effects I can expect? I am a lactating mother.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• Vitamin C is good for the skin and it reduces pigmentation.
  • Ener-c is a Vitamin C supplement. You must dissolve it in a glass of water and then drink it. You can take it for two months, maybe even more if required. There are no side effects of the same and does not affect lactation.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thanks for replying. Should I use sunscreen with SPF 40 or 50? Can Golite cream be used safely for long periods without any side effects? Can I expect visible results within days of using this cream?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• Use sunscreen with an SPF 50 in the morning.
  • Golite cream can be used for three to four months at bedtime. It is a non-steroid, non-hydroquinone based cream and hence safe without any side effects. Any topical application of creams should be changed after six months. You will notice less pigmentation in 30 to 45 days after you start using this cream.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thanks for replying. Does St.Dalfour whitening cream have any side effects? About two years ago, I used Melacare skin whitening cream with good results. But, I stopped using it as it contains steroids.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• St.Dalfour whitening cream is not a medicated cream. Its contents are not mentioned anywhere.
  • Melacare cream contains steroids. In the case of steroid-based creams, there are quick results and visible lightening of the skin. But, it is due to the thinning of the skin. So, I do not personally suggest the use of creams that contain Steroids and Hydroquinone.

Kindly suggest a face wash, sunscreen lotion and overnight cream for oily skin.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old boy and my face is very oily during summer while in winters it is quite dry. In summers, a lot of oil pops out with white heads on my face. Even a short-term sun exposure tans my skin. I am also suffering from the problem of dark spots. Kindly suggest a face wash, su...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ahaglow (alpha hydroxy acid) face wash can be used to wash the face. La shield sunscreen can be used in the morning as it is non-comedogenic. Please upload an image of your face, so that depending on the skin type, pigmentation, and acne, medications can be suggest...  Read Full

I need your suggestions on which sunscreen to use.

Query: Hi doctor, I am in a little trouble. Summer has started where I live, and I am addicted to playing cricket, whatever the weather or climate be. From last two weeks, I have noticed that my face color has become darker due to the sun. So, I am a little confused about which sunblock cream to use. I ne...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sun protection factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. Select Sunscreen acc...  Read Full

How can I prevent tanning?

Query: Hello doctor, I get tanned really easily. My skin is super sensitive. None of the sunscreens really helped me with this problem. If I am under the sun even for five minutes, I get super super tanned.  Read Full >>

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Which sunscreen are you using and its SPF? Actually, sunscreens are of two types. Physical and chemical. Physical sunscreen is better in protecting from suns radiation but the problem is that they are not cosmetically acceptable. Because they are visibly seen on the face....  Read Full