Q. Is there any solution to make my face match my body color?

Dr. Sreelakshmi S
Published on Aug 19, 2018

My face is so dark when compared to my body. I am a sports person so from my childhood I am exposed to sunlight a lot. Is there any solution to come back to my body color?

Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand your concern. You should use sunscreens with SPF 50 or more daily. Try to avoid sun exposure as possible. The creams used to increase skin color will do more harm than good. Melanin is the pigment which causes darkening. Its production increases on exposure to the sun. So protection from the sun by using sunscreen will definitely help to prevent darkening.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Will using Restreta tablet for three months cause hormonal imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old girl. I have very dry and dull skin. My dermatologist recommended me to use Restreta tablet for improving my complexion. I have to take it twice in a day before a meal. I want to know whether there will be any hormonal imbalance because of this tablet. Is it safe fo...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Restreta (Glutathione, Collagen, and L-cysteine) contains Glutathione which is an antioxidant. It effectively prevents melanin synthesis in the skin which helps in skin lightening. It is available in oral and injection form. Oral capsules do not produce much of a cha...  Read Full

Can I use Calamine lotion for hyperpigmentation?

Query: Hi doctor, The forehead portion above my eyes and the portion of face around eyes became black around four years ago. Please find the photo of my face attached here. I never took any medicine. For the last four months, I am taking some natural remedies such as turmeric, aloevera, etc. Please sugge...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and have seen your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). What I have seen is a blackish pigmentation over your forehead and around your eye along with ice pick, rolling and pock-like scars over your cheeks. The blackish pi...  Read Full

I need your suggestions on which sunscreen to use.

Query: Hi doctor, I am in a little trouble. Summer has started where I live, and I am addicted to playing cricket, whatever the weather or climate be. From last two weeks, I have noticed that my face color has become darker due to the sun. So, I am a little confused about which sunblock cream to use. I ne...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sun protection factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. Select Sunscreen acc...  Read Full