Q. What is accure laser?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

What is accure laser? I have done cosmelan, but my skin looks dehydrated and dull. Will accure laser help? My skin was fair and now it seems dull and little reddish. Please help.

#

Accure is a diode laser used mainly for inflammatory acne and rejuvenation of skin. It will reduce sebum production to decrease acne.

Cosmelan is a peel used for pigmentation over the face.

Use sunscreen daily to protect skin from sun exposure and good moisturizer to avoid dryness. I also suggest Epithelial AH cream (Sodium hyaluronate). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

Do you have active acne or pigmentation?

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

There is no pigmentation exactly. I would say little skin discoloration after doing Cosmelan and I do not have such active acne. The doctor asked me to undergo Accure to regain glow and brightness. And, another doctor asked to go to Q-switch. Which would be better?

#

As I told you, it can be done for skin rejuvenation.

I think since you have little discoloration after cosmelan peel, wait for a few days or around a month.

Let your skin heal and recover from peel as you have redness at present. Give a gap of a month after the peel and then you can go to Q-switch.

I personally feel Q-switch will give good results and glow to your skin. Till then, use your sunscreen regularly.

It has already been a few months of cosmelan peel. I did Q-switch once after that, but it last hardly for a month. I am looking for some long-term effect for the hydrated and bright skin. A dermatologist suggested me to take Glutone tablet and I took it for a month. But, I left as it might affect my kidney. What can I do for hydrating my skin?

#

• Yes, Glutathione tablets have to be taken for three months to show effect. I have not seen any patients with kidney side effects. There is no harm.
  • Also, Epitheliale AH cream would help in your case.
  • Have you done oxypeel and mask or mesotherapy? Ask your cosmetologist for it. It helps with hydration plus brightening.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|