iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersCosmetologyhand eczemaWhy do I have brown stains on the fingertips?

What are the causes of brown discoloration of the skin around the fingertips?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At May 7, 2017
Reviewed AtJune 26, 2023

Patient's Query

I have a brown discoloration of the skin around my fingertips. What is the reason?

I need some more information. Since when do you have this problem? Have you used any creams in the past? What is your occupation? Is it present on both the hands? Is it associated with itching? Are you on any medications at present? It will probably be a fingertip eczema. I suggest using Venusia Max cream or Olesoft Max cream (Moisturizer), apply on finger tips twice daily. Avoid frequent contact with detergent. Always keep your hand moisturized.

Patient's Query

Thank you for replying. I have had this problem for about a week. I work in a warehouse. I do not have any associated itching. I am taking Losartan. It is just on my left hand. What is fingertip eczema?

It is basically dryness of the particular part due to an allergic reaction to a certain product. Avoid frequent contact with water and detergent. I suggest you try using the following such as Venusia Max cream (moisturizer), 2 to 3 times a day, Elocon cream or Momate cream, once daily for ten days. It contains Mometasone, which is a mild steroid. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start using the medicines after their consent.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Thakare Sampada Avinash
Dr. Thakare Sampada Avinash

Dermatology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

hand eczemamoisturizer

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Cosmetology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy