E.coli Infection

I have pain in the stomach and the groin area after having medications for E.coli infection. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I have E.coli bacterial infection. I am taking Ciplox TZ and Nitrofurantoin. But after taking Nitro, I get pain in the stomach and the right side in the groin area. Also if I go for a walk for around 1 km, I feel pain in the groin area and cannot walk for more than two kilometers. I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have bilateral renal pelvic obstruction due to stones with diabetes with urinary tract infection. The pain in the groin is due to pelvic renal calculi, the pain of which radiates to the groin. The infection needs to be treated with tablet Levoflox 500 mg once a d...  Read Full »

Can you suggest the treatment for urinary tract infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with urinary tract infection (E.coli) three months back. I took Ciprofloxacin for 10 days, but there is no sign of improvement. Now I have a dull pain in the back region, waist, and sometimes at flank. There is complete body weakness, mild fever, tingling sensation at h...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like an upper urinary tract infection. Get your urine test done in a place where they check whether it is E.Coli (Escherichia Coli) or ESBL (Extended-spectrum beta-lactamases). Also, do an ultrasonography for the bladder to check post void residue. Start ta...  Read Full »

Will urinary tract infection cause fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I have fever for the past two days (100 -101 F) with urine infection and frequent urination, which decreased now. Please check my reports.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Urinary infection and fever is a condition that needs urgent attention. Poor urinary stream (difficulty passing urine) and high volume of residual urine can lead to urinary infection and fever is c...  Read Full »

How to treat E.coli urine infection in a small kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 4 years old. For the past two months, she is getting positive urine culture with e.coli growth, urine routine being normal. We got her LFT, RFT, and USG abdomen done. All reports are normal. Kindly suggest what to do.  Read Full »

Dr. Hardika Kothari

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is having a urinary tract infection. Earlier, you mentioned it was E.coli. What was the sensitivity pattern for drugs? Current reports show Klebsiella (sensitive to Amikacin) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have not mentioned about the...  Read Full »

What is the indication of TB test for abscess drainage?

Query: Hello doctor, Sample was taken for culture and sensitivity test and TB test during abscess drainage. TB tests could not be successfully conducted due to some medical reasons. Culture and sensitivity test showed the presence of E.coli bacteria. I was given E.coli sensitive antibiotics for five days...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that there have not been any culture and sensitivity tests of the fluid before giving antibiotics, which is why the infection is coming back again. Additionally, the sinus formed needs to be removed and long term antibiotics given. Fortunately, it appears ...  Read Full »

Can my mom take Nitrofurantoin for persistent UTI and E.coli infection?

Query: Good evening Dr. I require your kind advice regarding my mom's medication. She is 53 years old. You see my mom had persistent UTI & E-coli infection for almost a year throughout 2018-2019. Her health deteriorated due to which she had a fall last year & got fractures in her spine & right shoulder,...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahendra Thakre

Answer: Hi, I hope you are doing well. I understand your concern and worry. I understood that your mother had fall and dorsal spine injury since then she is having recurrent urinary tract infection. our understanding of any disease management has based on the cause of disease or symptoms. For the sa...  Read Full »

My husband has E.coli infection. Will it pass on to me?

Query: Hello doctor, Last Saturday my partner while temporarily at his mother's home got sick then following day evening he was diagnosed with gastrointestinal bacterial infection most likely from E. Coli bacteria by a home visit doctor service who gave him something for his symptoms. Next day no more vo...  Read Full »

Dr. Ohams Henry

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a classical food-related infection. It is gastroenteritis. If those symptoms of stooling and vomiting have subsided then he is free. You are safe with him. If there are no more symptoms he is no longer contagious. If you both keep good personal hygiene if there...  Read Full »

What medicines can be had for burning sensation in the anus and vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sensation of burning in the anus and vagina. An ultrasound scan was done and a urine culture was also done. I have a UTI and a Bartholin cyst. The culture grew E. coli. As regards medicines, I have taken Urispas, Candid-V6 for 10 days. I also took Voveran injections...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have not mentioned the sensitivity of E. coli (Escherichia coli) on urine culture. Anyways you will have to take antibiotics. I will advise the following medicines. Tablet Zifi O (Cefixime and Ofloxacin) in morning and e...  Read Full »

What medicines can I take for painful urination?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. From the last 15 days, I have pain at the time of passing urine. So, I went for a urine test of complete urine examination and urine culture. There was nothing wrong with the complete urine examination. But, in the urine culture, at the bottom of the re...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It shows urine infection with E.coli type of organism. Inflammatory cells are seen due to the infection. I suggest: Tablet Augmentin 375 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid...  Read Full »

My prostate is boggy, and my semen culture showed E.coli bacteria. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 years old, and I have been suffering from pain during ejaculation. After ejaculation, I feel severe burning during urination at the tip of the penis, from the past six years. From the past year, at the time of ejaculation, the semen does not come out with force, and it re...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post-ejaculatory burning in a young male, which is not relieved by antibiotics, may not be of an infective origin. Do not take any injections in the prostate, as that may worsen the scenario. I suggest you try taking the following. Consult your specialist doctor, dis...  Read Full »