Common "E.coli Infection" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

E.coli Infection

Escherichia coli infection usually causes diarrhea, but it may also result in pneumonia, urinary tract infections, and acute kidney failure. Despite it being harmless, few strains can cause infections. Ground milk, unpasteurized milk, infected vegetables and fruits, water, and animal feces transmit the bacteria. Nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and fatigue are the symptoms of E.coli infection. It usually goes away on its own, but if needed, antibiotics can be prescribed.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have E. coli infection with stomach pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing stomach pain, stomach bloating, and diarrhea for the past 15 days. The diarrhea is not regular. After undergoing urine culture, CECT scan, ultrasound, and all blood tests, it was detected that I have an E. coli bacterial infection. As part of the treatment, I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Shirpad Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understood your concern. You have bilateral renal pelvic obstruction due to stones and also have diabetes with a urinary tract infection. The pain in the groin is caused by pelvic renal calculi, and the pain can radiate to the groin area. To tre...  Read Full »

My 4-year-old daughter has E.coli growth in urine. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 4 years old. For the past two months, she is getting positive urine culture with E.coli growth, urine routine being normal. We got her LFT, RFT, and USG abdomen done. All reports are normal. Kindly suggest what to do.  Read Full »

Dr. Hardika Kothari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to She is having a urinary tract infection. Earlier, you mentioned it was E.coli. What was the sensitivity pattern for drugs? Current reports show Klebsiella (sensitive to Amikacin) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have not mentioned about the sy...  Read Full »

What does E.coli in the urine culture mean?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother had a UTI a few months ago and an antibiotic course was given for 10 days. Last week we did a routine urine check and the report is attached below. She has no symptoms but her urine culture shows E.coli. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Madhav Tiwari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. I can only see the urine routine report (attachment removed to protect patient's identity) and not the culture report for some reason, so I do not know how much of E.coli she has in her urine. If your mother has no symptoms at the moment i...  Read Full »

I have a fever and diarrhea. Could it be a bacterial infection?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 38-year-old man, and I have been feeling unwell recently. I have come across information about antibiotics and bacteria, and I am concerned that there might be something serious going on. I have been reading about antimicrobial resistance and E. coli (escherichia coli), and it is...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello,Welcome to have read your query, and I can understand your concern.Antibiotics are medications used to treat bacterial infections. However, it is crucial to note that not all illnesses are caused by bacteria, and antibiotics should be reserved for necessary cases. Based on your s...  Read Full »

Please review my semen analysis reports.

Query: Hello doctor, Good day. My wife and I are trying to conceive and one of the tests done was a semen analysis test for me. I picked the results up from the laboratory, but I would not be able to see my doctor till a couple of days because of work. I am anxious and I would love an interpretation. I hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggests that it has normal liquefaction time, total sperm count is in the normal range and active mobile is low, volume adequate, and normal morphology is low and also has pus cell which indicates ...  Read Full »

I sense something inside my urethra. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. I have problems in my private parts. Sometimes, I have slight numbness, slight pain in testis with coldness. But all this sensation does not last long. There is mild fever with tiredness and fatigue. Sometimes, I sense something inside my urethra while urinatin...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Well, the treatment is apt according to the drug sensitivity report (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). The drug would have already started showing its effect by now that is within 48 hours after initiation if you have started. Kindly continue the...  Read Full »

Is D Mannose during breastfeeding safe for UTI?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recently been diagnosed with UTI, and it is six weeks to postpartum. I also have a 3-year-old kid. I took Amoxicillin for four days and then retested it on the fifth day, which is still there. I was told that it was resistant to moderate oral antibiotics. I have also done a urine c...  Read Full »

Dr. N. Ashok Viswanath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. I have seen your laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Is this laboratory report a newer one or an older one? What are the symptoms that you are facing? Thank you.  Read Full »

Why do I have a burning sensation in the anus and vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sensation of burning in the anus and vagina. An ultrasound scan was done and a urine culture was also done. I have a UTI and a Bartholin cyst. The culture grew E. coli. As regards medicines, I have taken Urispas, Candid-V6 for 10 days. I also took Voveran injections...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your post. You have not mentioned the sensitivity of E. coli (Escherichia coli) on urine culture. Anyways you will have to take antibiotics. I will advise the following medicines. Tablet Zifi O (Cefixime and Ofloxacin) in morning and e...  Read Full »

What causes increased creatinine levels in me?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a UTI with an E. coli infection detected. My blood urea is 27 mg, and the serum creatinine is 1.3 mg. My primary health doctor advised me to consult with a nephrologist to find out the reason behind the rise of creatinine levels. He told me that the creatinine level is near bor...  Read Full »

Dr. Aurangzebl Afzal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The probable cause could be interstitial kidney injury or interstitial nephritis. Differential diagnosis includes drug-induced kidney injury and infection-induced toxic insult. E.coli (Escherichia coli) can cause toxic and interstitial injury to kidneys, but it is us...  Read Full »

Is hematuria associated with bladder cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40-year-old female. Three months back, I started to have frequent urination and a heavy feel in the lower abdomen during urination after sex. I had gross hematuria after urination three times. I consulted a doctor and she gave me tablet Fosfomycin for two days. I took it immediatel...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You have an unlikely chance to have bladder cancer considering your age and your symptoms do not associate with cancer. Bladder cancer occurs in aged peoples having prolonged smoking habits with painless hematuria. Your symptoms are related to infection and cystitis of ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.