Q. What could be the reason for my increased creatinine level?

Dr. Aurangzebl Afzal

I have a UTI with E. coli infection detected. My blood urea is 27 mg and the serum creatinine is 1.3 mg. My primary health doctor advised me to consult with a nephrologist to find out the reason behind the rise of creatinine level. He told me that the creatinine level is near borderline. I have back pain, waist pain, and discomfort in urethra, and a little foamy urine,

Frankly speaking, we do not have any doctors in our area. There are no many doctors who are specialized in kidney disease. How should I have to maintain my health and what precaution needs to b taken care of? Please give me a suggestion. Am I in a danger zone?

#

Probable cause could be interstitial kidney injury or interstitial nephritis.

Differential diagnosis includes drug-induced kidney injury and infection-induced toxic insult.

E.coli (Escherichia coli) can cause both toxic and interstitial injury to kidneys but it is usually reversible.

As your ultrasound is fine, there does not seem to be anything to worry. You need to repeat:

• Urine routine.
  • IgE (immunoglobulin E) levels and RFT (renal function tests), and S/E
  • PMRV (post-micturition residual volume)

After 14 days, they should be fine by then.

Also, avoid sexual contact for next three weeks. Currently, no medicine is needed if you do not have any symptoms.

No sexual activity. Increase fluid intake. There will be no medicines for two weeks.

Follow up in 15 days.

For more information consult a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

The ultrasound which I have mentioned was done four months ago and then after one month, the ultrasound that I have done has been attached. Shall I have to perform another latest ultrasound? What do my routine IgE level and RFTs and S/E mean? Can you please explain them?

#

You can have a post-micturition residual volume ultrasound targeted to your problem.

|