Q. What could be the reason for my increased creatinine level?

Dr. Aurangzebl Afzal
and medically reviewed by Dr.Lekshmipriya B
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 06, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2022

I have a UTI with an E. coli infection detected. My blood urea is 27 mg, and the serum creatinine is 1.3 mg. My primary health doctor advised me to consult with a nephrologist to find out the reason behind the rise of creatinine levels. He told me that the creatinine level is near borderline. I have back pain, waist pain, and discomfort in the urethra, and a little foamy urine,

We do not have any doctors in our area. There are not many doctors who are specialized in kidney disease. How should I maintain my health, and what are the precautions to be taken? Please give me a suggestion. Am I in a danger zone?

#

The probable cause could be interstitial kidney injury or interstitial nephritis. Differential diagnosis includes drug-induced kidney injury and infection-induced toxic insult. E.coli (Escherichia coli) can cause toxic and interstitial injury to kidneys, but it is usually reversible. As your ultrasound is fine, there is nothing to worry about. I suggest you taking:

1. Urine routine.

2. IgE (immunoglobulin E) levels and RFT (renal function tests).

3.PMRV (post-micturition residual volume).

After 14 days, they should be fine by then. Also, avoid sexual contact for the next three weeks. Currently, no medicine is needed if you do not have any symptoms. Increase fluid intake. No sexual activity. There will be no medicines for two weeks. Follow up in 15 days.

The ultrasound which I have mentioned was done four months ago and then after one month, the ultrasound that I have done has been attached. Shall I have to perform another latest ultrasound? What do my routine IgE level and RFTs and S/E mean? Can you please explain them?

#

You can have a post-micturition residual volume ultrasound targeted to your problem.

For more information consult a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

|