Q. I am taking Tylenol, but still, I have pain in my right ear. Please advise.

Dr. Radhika Shukla
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2020
My right ear has been hurting for the last few days, I haven't had any headache or fever. I took pictures of my outer ear to see what's going on in there after feeling moisture on my finger. I saw some white wet stuff in there and it hurts like something is trying to stab into my head. I am 6 feet tall, age 16 and I weight 244 lbs. currently I'm taking Tylenol to relieve some pain.
#

Hello, Fluid like discharge from the ear can be due to 1. otitis externa due to a infection the External auditory canal 2. Otitis media ( infection of middle ear ) with a perforated ear drum. I would like to ask a few more questions to help me treat you better: 1. is the ear discharge blood stained? 2. is the ear discharge foul smelling? 3. is there any previous episode of ear discharge? 4. is there ear pain? 5. is there hearing loss? However as of now, start 1. Tablet Augmentin 625 mg 2 times a day for 5 days 2. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once a day before breakfast for 5 days 3. Ciprofloxacin ear drops 3 drops 3 times a day for 5 days 4. Candid ear drops 3 drops 3 times a day for 5 days Kindly follow back with the reply to the questions... Hope this helps

| 

Can ruptured eardrum cause jaw pain and numbness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently trying to get over my seasonal sinus infection. However, after taking a nap a couple of days ago, I lost most hearing in my left ear. I went back to the urgent care and was told I had a ruptured eardrum. I was given drops to put in my ear. However, I cannot help but not...  Read Full »

Is surgery the only option for my son's ear infection?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has an ear infection since last year. The doctors said there is water in the middle ear, and because of that, he is not able to listen to low pitch voices, like if someone speaks slowly with him. I have reports and all medicines that he has used so far, and I am attaching it wi...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ways to reduce mild vertigo.

Query: Hi doctor, I have mild vertigo for the past one month. There is no sweating or vomiting. I do not have any pain in the head and there is no problem of hearing and vision. I am only experiencing some balancing problem. My ENG test is absolutely normal. What will be the possible way to reduce this?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»