Q. I am taking Tylenol, but still, I have pain in my right ear. Please advise.

Dr. Radhika Shukla
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 13, 2021

I have a weight of 110 kilograms and a height of six feet. My right ear hurts a lot for few days. I do not have headaches or fever. I took a picture of my outer ear to see what is going on there after having a feeling of some moisture on my finger. I saw some white wet stuff and it hurts like something is going to stab into my head. Currently, I am taking Tylenol for having pain relief.

#

Fluid-like discharge from ears can occur due to otitis externa and otitis media. Otitis externa occurs due to an infection of the external auditory canal. Otitis media occurs due to infection of the middle ear with a perforated eardrum. I am willing to ask some questions to help you better. Please mention whether your discharge was bloodstained. Please mention whether your ear discharge had a foul smell. Please mention whether you have a previous episode of ear discharge or ear pain. Please mention whether you have hearing loss. For now, you can take tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) twice a day for five days, and tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once a day before breakfast for five days. You can use Ciprofloxacin ear drops three drops thrice a day for five days and Candid ear drops (Lidocaine with Clotrimazole) three drops thrice a day for five days.

|