Q. Why am I having severe ear pain, three days after cold and cough?

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Ear Pain or Cold? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Why am I having severe ear pain, three days after cold and cough?

I am a 21 year old male, and I have pain in the ear from today afternoon. I do not have any liquid discharge from the ear, but the pain is increasing with passing time. At night, the pain is very intense.I can hear all voices clearly, but my ear is paining a lot. I do not understand the reason for the pain, as I have never experienced such a pain in my life.

What is the reason behind this tremendous pain? Is it an emergency? Please answer as soon as possible. I have already taken steam inhalation for this, but I did not get any relief.