Q. Is it possible for ear perforation to heal on its own again?

Dr. Syed Tehmid

I had an ear perforation two months before. My ear was healing really well. The doctor told me to clean my ear by ear syringing. He gave me two shots of syringing. After that, earwax clean up. My ear had gone bad. I feel like my eardrum is hardened. Whenever I put my finger in my ear to pop up my eardrum, my eardrum does not flexibly move at all. It is like it got stuck in one place. It does not move up and down when I put my finger. It is just fixed up in one place and the tinnitus has also gone bad. It vibrates really bad when anyone talks to me or I talk to anyone. I am so worried. Will my eardrum heal again?

#

First of all, tympanic membrane is anchored to bone and does not move up and down but moves inward and outward because of sound. Secondly, it is placed 2.5 cm from external ear orifice and cannot be moved with a finger. Since you had a perforation two years back, it might not have healed at all. The other symptom you are talking about is tinnitus. It is possible to have in presence of a perforation. You should get the ear examined. Also, I would like to know if you have any discharge now.

|