Ear Perforation

Please suggest Clotrimazole drops for ear.

Query: Hello doctor,Can I get Clotrimazole ear drops without alcohol? My doctor prescribed me Canesten ear drops since he suspects a fungal infection, but the drops hurt like hell since they contain alcohol. Do you think there is another brand that can be used with perforated ear drum?  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you Candid ear drops (Clotrimazole), which has Lignocaine combination and that reduces the pain. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent. For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https:...  Read Full »

I have partially extruded ear tubes and having a hard time hearing with itching. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have ear tubes that have extruded or partially extruded, and I am having a hard time hearing. My ears are itchy, and I am having extreme and instant pain if water gets in the ear (at the beach). I have an ear camera, and I can attach photos.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please attach the pictures in which I can see you external ear canal and tympanic membrane. It can be due to middle ear effusion.  Read Full »

What are the advantages and disadvantages of eardrum surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter, 11 years old, has her eardrum damaged. I want to know the advantages and disadvantages of ear drum surgery.  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and here I would like to say that if your daughter is having an acute perforation of eardrum then that may heal by consecutive medical treatment. On the other hand, if it is a chronic perforation then surgery is the only treatment. Usually surg...  Read Full »

Will ear perforation heal on its own again?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an ear perforation two months before. My ear was healing really well. The doctor told me to clean my ear by ear syringing. He gave me two shots of syringing. After that, earwax clean up. My ear had gone bad. I feel like my eardrum is hardened. Whenever I put my finger in my ear ...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, tympanic membrane is anchored to bone and does not move up and down but moves inward and outward because of sound. Secondly, it is placed 2.5 cm from external ear orifice and cannot be moved with a finger. Since you had a perforation two years back, it ...  Read Full »

How can the ringing in my ears be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had ringing in my ears for two or three months. My doctor said it was an ear infection in both ears. I had two courses of Augmentin, but it did not improve. I had to change my doctor for some reason. The new doctor gave me Soframycin ear drops but when I went back to her for fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from tinnitus which is nothing but a ringing sensation in the ears. There are various causes for tinnitus and the most common among them are a sensorineural hearing loss, Eustachian tube dysfunction, otosclerosis, ossicular discontinuity wher...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for ruptured eardrum?

Query: Hi doctor, One of my family friend's son was slapped accidently by his friend, and his eardrum was punctured. Some doctors say that it can be healed by medicines and some say that it can be cured by surgery. Kindly advise the real picture as parents are worried a lot.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Traumatic rupture of the drum usually heals by itself. It takes around three to four weeks for the healing to be visible and around three months for the healing to be complete. But in a few cases where drum does not heal up completely, or there is a residual ear ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for tinnitus in my ear?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, my ENT doctor suctioned a lot of fungus from my right ear and it fixed the problem. However, high pitched ear ringing continues to be a problem without any pain. It is more of a pulsating feeling and that synchronizes with my heart rate when I am in the prone position. My h...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from otomycosis also known as swimmer's ear. It is the fungal infection of the external ear. The symptoms include itching, ear discharge, ear pain, ear fullness, temporary hearing loss and tinnitus. Although most individuals will get immediate r...  Read Full »

My eardrum got perforated due to earbud trauma. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My eardrum got perforated due to earbud trauma. According to the ENT, no treatment is requred except precaution (water should not go inside) to avoid infection. Some kind of low noise 'hush' comes in my ear with a little hearing issue (20 % lesser than my other ear). What to do and ho...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, he is right. Since it is a perforation by a clean mode, that is by earbuds, even antibiotics drops are not required at this moment. Just care to be taken to avoid infection, which most commonly occurs by water entering into the ear. Tympanic membrane injuries h...  Read Full »

When I try to unclog my ear, there is an air passing sound. Please suggest medicine.

Query: Hello doctor, I got a slap on my ear and then I also got a bump in my head. After that, when I try to unclog my ear, it gives me an air passing sound and there is a hearing loss also. Please suggest a medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

I have loss of balance after my ears were pulled. Please suggest medicines.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 now. My school teacher pulled both my ears in my childhood and afterwards, I suffered a loss of balance sometimes. I have pain in both my ears and also blurring in both my eyes and fatigue. I think I have mild vertigo. Please suggest the best medicines to cure this mild vertigo...  Read Full »

Dr. Narasimharaju B G

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Giddiness following pulling of the ear is uncommon. Are you sure you have giddiness from childhood after your teacher pulled your ears? You may probably be suffering from BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo). We need to get a Dix-Hallpike test done to confirm...  Read Full »